Pet owners, this is for you! The Miami-Dade County Animal Services Department will be hosting another edition of its Drive-Thru Pet Food Bank on Friday, Sept. 25.
Get free food for your furry friend during the hours of 8-11 a.m. – or while supplies last – at the Blakey Park/Homestead PAL Center, 600 SW 14th Ave., Homestead. You are urged to enter the premises from Lucy Street/Southwest Eighth Street.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
The event, for county residents only, will distribute food for dogs and cats. The goal is “to help provide relief for Miami-Dade County’s pet owners and help them feed their furry family members during the COVID-19 pandemic,” according to the event’s Facebook page.
Rules for the event include:
- The event is Drive-Thru ONLY. This is meant to ensure adherence to social distancing rules and protect participants and staff members.
- Walk-ups will not be accepted at the event.
- Residents must wear masks or face coverings at all times.
This latest distribution is made possible through donations from The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, as part of the national ASPCA COVID-19 Relief & Recovery Initiative.
For more information, click here.
Deals alert: Get $5 off Hill’s pet food
Hill’s pet food is offering a deal for $5 off one bag of dry food or one case of cans. And when you buy Hill’s pet food, you’re also helping feed shelter animals in need, according to a post on the Miami-Dade Animal Services Facebook page. Feed your pet, help a pet, enjoy your savings – all in a good day’s work! Click here for all the details.
Publix: Get your pet medications at the pharmacy
Did you know Publix fills pet meds? The Lakeland-based supermarket giant makes it convenient to pick up your prescriptions – and your pet’s – in a one-stop shopping experience.
All Florida locations offer heartworm and flea/tick prescriptions, as well as antibiotics and allergy medicine. Find out more by clicking here.
Fairchild invites you to ‘Dog Dates at the Garden’
Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden in Coral Gables is offering “Dog Dates at the Garden,” a series of outdoor activities for some special bonding time with your favorite pooch. The sessions take place every Thursday in September, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Each session is designed around a specific theme, but all include a walk through the garden and Yappy Hour treats at the Glasshouse Cafe. The cafe will have items for purchase, as well as free snacks and water (of course!) for pups. For information on admission and more, click here.
Other Pet News:
- Election Day 2020 freebies & deals
- Halloween restaurant deals & freebies in Miami – UPDATED
- Free Doritos Locos Taco at Taco Bell – today only!
- Deals for National Sandwich Day on Nov. 3
- Red Lobster serves up affordable Daily Deals
- Veterans Day events & food specials in Miami
- Last week for Miami Spice deals!
- Free Publix recipes for Croissant Tres Leches French Toast, Plantain Chicken & more
- Krispy Kreme’s ‘Sweet-or-Treat’ Saturdays: A dozen doughnuts for $1
- Best pizza deals in Miami: Cicis, BJ’s Brewhouse & more