The Perez Art Museum Miami (PAMM) is offering free fun on April 10, as part of its “Free Second Saturdays” programming.
Visitors can enjoy free admission all day, as well as an art-making workshop. There will be in-person and virtual activities.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page
In-person: Visitors may take part in the 2021 edition of the PAMM Teen Arts Council’s annual Teen Takeover. As part of this socially distanced activity – inspired by Fresh Air | Fresh Art, PAMM’s outdoor art exhibition in Maurice A. Ferré Park – the teen council invites you to “grab a free DIY Kite-Kit, spend a day in the park, and enjoy the fresh air and fresh art.”
Online: Check out IGTV and YouTube for a #PAMMDIY art-making activity with PAMM teaching artist Angela Bolaños and special guest Maritza Lacayo, curator of PAMM’s new exhibition, “The Artist as Poet.” Inspired by the exhibition and National Poetry Month, participants will be asked to incorporate text and color to create poème-objets (poems-object).
PAMM is part of Bank of America’s Museums on Us program, which typically provides free admission the first weekend of every month to those with Bank or America or Merrill Lynch credit or debit cards.
The museum, at 1103 Biscayne Blvd., is also offering online tours of its current exhibitions.
For more information, click here or call 305-375-3000.
- Free admission for Miami Jewish Film Festival – starts today!
- Free screening of ‘Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory’
- Free Jazz at MOCA concerts
- How to celebrate Earth Day every day
- Free & cheap things to do in Miami this week
- Mark your calendars: South Beach Wine & Food Festival set for May!
- Gardens in Miami: Get visitor info here!
- Miami 2021 festivals & events: A month-by-month guide
- Kids to Parks Day 2021: How to celebrate virtually or in person
- What’s open/closed in Miami? Check here!
Miami, FL 33132