We are in the throes of Christmas time, cue the holiday music!
In keeping with the holiday theme, we have these suggestions for you:
- Shop for unique gifts at Miami Beach Botanical Garden.
- Enjoy holiday fun at the Arsht Center, Village Palmetto Bay and more!
- Sit in the wide open spaces at Greynolds Park and listen to bluegrass tunes.
- Go for a bike ride – the weather sure calls for it!
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
BAZAAR IN THE GARDEN
A colorful garden setting, in this glorious weather? Yes, please!
The Miami Beach Botanical Garden is the place to be this Sunday, as the tropical paradise is having its annual Botanical Bazaar.
Stroll through the gardens while you peruse potential holiday gifts – or treasures for yourself! Jewelry, accessories, pop-up cards, candles, even fashions, will be for sale. You can also find unique gifts created by local artisans.
Additionally, enjoy the sounds of Aidan Paul and Carlos Sosa while you shop. Click here for all the details!
LOADS OF HOLIDAY FUN THIS WEEKEND
Whether you want to head to downtown Miami or further south, we’ve got fun holiday events for your choosing.
The Adrienne Arsht Center in downtown Miami is kicking off the holiday season with ‘Tis the Season at the Arsht. On Saturday and Sunday (your pick), see Santa and take festive photos in the lobby, which is decked out in holiday decor. You can also sip on hot chocolate while listening to holiday favorites. Click here for all the details.
Meanwhile, at the Village of Palmetto Bay, the annual Light Up Your Holidays celebration is happening Saturday. Watch the Christmas tree lighting, enjoy holiday music, take in a live family show or make a gingerbread house. Click here for details.
BLUEGRASS JAM IS BACK AT GREYNOLDS PARK
For a while, the long-running bluegrass jam at Greynolds Park had gone virtual.
But now, it’s back in person for the second time since the long virtual hiatus! So grab your blanket and picnic chair and settle in for a Sunday afternoon featuring folksy, bluegrass music from several bands between 1 and 4 p.m.
While there, take advantage and stroll through the park’s nature trails, where you’ll spot plenty of cute wildlife. Click here for details.
AND SPEAKING OF OUTDOORS, GO FOR A BIKE RIDE!
There are so many great bike trails, 13 at least, so we’re reminding you to get out there while the weather’s nice and cool. Click here to find the ones you haven’t tried yet.
- Holiday events at the Deering Estate
- Free & cheap things to do this weekend in Miami
- Outdoor market this Sunday to feature car show, carousel & more
- Holiday lights: Where to see Christmas lights in Miami
- Free & cheap holiday events in Miami
- Fairchild invites you & your canine to enjoy ‘Dog Dates’
- South Beach Wine & Food Festival: Get new dates here!
- Family friendly fun at Fantasy Theatre Factory
- Enjoy free Botanical Bazaar at Miami Beach garden
- Santa’s Spectacular in Tamiami Park offers drive-thru fun