Time to break out in a happy dance because…
There’s plenty to do outdoors in Miami this weekend and still more places have reopened!
- Visiting The Bass and Zoo Miami, which have both reopened.
- Watching live painting by Miami-based artists at Shops at Merrick Park.
- Catching short flicks under the stars at Deering Estate.
If that’s not enough remember, beaches, parks and golf courses are all open too. Click here for details.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
SPEND TIME WITH THE ANIMALS OR ADMIRING ART
After re-closing on July 3, Zoo Miami is finally back in business. But you should know that not all areas are open.
Check out “Florida Mission: Everglades” and the 27-acre “Amazon & Beyond,” with animals found in Central and South America. Know too that you have to reserve tickets online. Click here for details.
Have a Summer Savings Pass or want to get one? Use it to save on your Zoo Miami admission. Click here for details.
While at The Bass at Miami Beach’s Collins Park, you can see their colorful outdoor sculptures.
Inside, take in the longterm exhibits “Open Storage,” featuring more than 70 works from the museum’s collection, and “The Willfulness of Objects,” featuring newly acquired pieces made from everyday transformed and recycled objects.
Click here to see what else is open around Miami.
WATCH AS ART’S CREATED RIGHT BEFORE YOUR EYES
We’re keeping the art theme going, except at this event, you’ll see art created live.
That’s because live painting will be part of the Art at the Park series at Shops at Merrick Park.
It kicks off this weekend with Alejandra Linares, a Venezuelan artist whose works feature lines, shapes and structures. If you want a sneak peek of her work, visit her website at alejandralinares.com/shop or see it on Instagram: @alejandralinares.
Linares will be painting Friday through Sunday from 1-4 p.m.
The series runs through mid-October. Click here to see which artists will be featured on other weekends.
SHORT FILMS UNDER THE STARS
Needing a venue for their annual event, Miami Short Film Festival organizers picked Deering Estate!
The outdoor garden setting is perfect for social distancing and makes for a unique night out.
Bring a blanket, lawn chair and picnic basket, settle in and take in six carefully curated short films.
They’ll range from two to 18 minutes in length, and the lineup includes films from the United States, India, Argentina and Australia.
Click here to read a synopsis of each film and further details of the event.
Soon we’ll bring you info on Halloween and Harvest events, which kick off in early October. Click here for a preview of what’s already scheduled. Stay tuned for more…
- Free & cheap things to do this weekend in Miami
- Discounted prices at Vizcaya Museum & Gardens
- Fairchild’s ‘Dog Dates at the Garden’: 1 session left!
- Art aficionados: View live painting sessions at Shops at Merrick Park
- Free and cheap Halloween events in Miami
- Miami music: Where to go for free concert livestreams
- Zoo Miami’s open again! Stroll the wide open spaces
- Summer Savings Pass 2020: 4 attractions for 1 price – UPDATED
- What’s open in Miami? Check status here
- #DidYouKnow Miami has a planes museum? Learn more!