Peruse works of art, watch an artist paint with his foot and shop wares from pop-up vendors during the popular Downtown Hollywood ArtWalk.
The monthly event typically takes place every third Saturday of the month, from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m., along Hollywood Boulevard and Harrison Street. Admission is free.
The events usually include
- Walking tour of Downtown Hollywood murals, 6 p.m. at Information Booth, 20th Avenue and Harrison Street
- Guided gallery experience at 7 p.m. and 9 p.m.; meet at Information Booth, 20th Avenue and Harrison Street
- Impulse Art show at 8 p.m. featuring South Florida artist Daniel Pontet painting with his foot to the live drumming of Jeff Lee of Resurrection Drums; performance outdoors at 2001 Van Buren St.
- Artisan market with vendor booths on Harrison Street between 20th and 21st avenues from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- 6 p.m.-11 p.m. live music on Harrison Street at 21st Avenue, information on who’s performing is online
- 6 p.m. live demonstration of chalk art. Event is at Anniversary Park at Hollywood Boulevard & 20th Avenue.
Street parking is $1.50 per hour. Garage Parking is $1 per hour.
Garage locations are:
- 251 S. 20th Ave., between Harrison and Van Buren streets
- 251 N. 19th Ave., between Tyler and Polk streets
Parking information is online.
Find more information by calling 954-924-2980 or clicking here.
Another free event May 21 in downtown Hollywood Free Afro Roots Fest in Hollywood features local & international musicians
- Free live music at Government Center
- Things to do with kids this summer (free, low-cost & deals)
- Food festivals: Feast on fun & fabulous flavors
- Dolphin Mall offers ‘Bubble Fest’ and Artisan Show
- Free concert by the New World Symphony students and mentors
- ‘Brévo for Broadway’ offers exclusive discount for show
- Secret Woods in Dania offers free entry, free parking & nature walks
- Free & cheap things to do this week in South Florida
- Doral Yard features entertainment & events
- 2-for-1 discounts & other LauderDEALS for fun & recreation