Organizations are offering free food distribution for families that need help. Some sites provide drive-through pickups, while others offer doorstep deliveries for eligible participants.
If your organization is distributing food, please email complete info to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
Drive-through food distributions include:
- DeliverLean and DeliverLean Cares has partnered with different local sports organizations for weekly drive-through food distribution of nonperishable items and meals on a first-come, first-serve basis. Click here for more details. The schedule is as follows:
*9 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, in partnership with Miami Heat official and former player Alonzo Mourning and the Overtown Youth Center at Gibson Park, 401 NW 12th St., Miami.
*10 a.m. Wednesdays: in partnership with David Beckham’s new soccer team, Club Internacional de Miami, at Inter Miami CF Soccer Stadium, 1350 NW 55th St., Fort Lauderdale.
*1 p.m. Tuesdays, in partnership with baseball’s Miami Marlins, at Marlins Park, 501 Marlins Way.
- National Action Network’s Miami Chapter, together with World Central Kitchen, will conduct drive-through meal distributions at Miami’s New Birth Baptist Church at noon Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays. The church is at 2300 NW 135th St. The ready-to-eat meals will be given on a first-come, first-served basis. Click here for more details.
- Flipany is serving free Grab n Go Meals to kids ages 18 and younger at 17 Miami-Dade locations at various times throughout the day. The bagged meals will be available via drive up or walk up and children/teens must be present with parents to receive the meal. See the full list of sites, days and times here.
- Adopt-a-Box aims to assist both farmers and families by getting local produce to those who need it most. Boxes with fruit and vegetables are being distributed on a first-come, first-served basis every Saturday free of charge, for as long as funding is available. Click here for more details.
- Health in the Hood is distributing food to Miami’s most vulnerable citizens, including seniors, low-income families and displaced citizens, through its “Filling Fridges” project. Its aim is to give 100 produce bags to displaced Miami-Dade County Public School students at 11 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays via drive-thru collection in Opa-locka. Click here for more details.
- Feeding South Florida and its partners offer free food distribution events in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm counties. Please use an online tool to verify any events you are interested in. Occasionally, events are deleted or moved to a different venue. To verify each day, click here and go to “Distribution Locator” to see a revised list.
- Farm Share, a nonprofit organization that distributes fruits, vegetables and other food items, is offering drive-through distribution events throughout Florida. Free food items provided usually include fresh produce, nonperishable items and water. To obtain food, you need to arrive in a vehicle with a trunk or cargo bed. Information on drive-through pickups is online. First-come, first served. Financial donations are accepted via FarmShare.org or by texting “EAT” to 41-444.
- May 30: First come-first served drive-through, items placed in the trunk of a car or truck flatbed. 5 p.m. at Taller en Accion Foundation, 8181 NW 36 St., Doral
- USDA Farmers to Families Food Box, a program of the U.S. Department of Agriculture will be providing food for two food distributions organized by Miami-Dade County Parks and Unity Groves, a Homestead farm providing the fresh-picked local and Florida produce. 800 boxes of food will be distributed at each location on a first-come, first served basis with items placed in the trunk of a car of truck. No walk-ups allowed and masks must be worn. Distributions continue through June 27 at the following times and locations.
- 9 a.m. at Larry and Thompson Park, 12451 SW 184 St., Miami
- 11 a.m. at Miami-Dade County Auditorium, 2901 W. Flagler St., Miami.
Other food distribution programs:
Hours regularly change so it is recommended you call before you go:
- Unity Baptist Church, 13001 NW 7 Ave., North Miami, by appointment, 786-486-0898.
- Life Changers Worship Centers, 5941 NW 176 St., #11, Hialeah, Mon.-Fri. from 10 a.m. to noon, breakfast and lunch for kids from kindergarten through 12th grade, 786-457-4503
- Bible Missionary Baptist Church, 9801 NW 24 Ave., Miami from 7-9 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month, 305-836-7644
- Bridge to HOPE, 10844 SW 188 St., Miami 786-269-1608. Appointments via their website.
- CARE Inc., 631 NW 183 St., Miami Gardens. Open Tues. and Wed. from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., call 305-917-0376 for food distribution times.
- Centro Biblico Puertas de Sion, 16359 NW 57 Ave., Miami Gardens, from 11 a.m. to noon, 786-315-0074
- Christian Missionary Church of Miami, 5022 NW 7 Ave., Miami, from noon to 2 p.m., 786-537-3931
- Curley’s House of Style, 6025 NW 6 Ct., Miami, Tues.-Fri. from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., call 305-754-7784
- Helping Hands with your Heart, 10820 NW 7 Ave., Miami, Tuesdays from 1-2 p.m. 786-290-4316
- Iglesia de Dios Pentecostal, 1751 NW 115 St., Miami, distribution is from 4-6 p.m. but days vary, call 305-681-1725 to confirm.
- King Jesus International Ministry, 13850 SW 143 Ct., Unit #9, Miami, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-10 a.m. (5-6 a.m. arrival recommended), 305-382-3171
- Perrine Seventh-Day Adventist Church, 9850 E. Datura St., Palmetto Bay, Tuesdays from noon to 4 p.m., 305-378-2192
- True Deliverance Church, 18300 SW 109 Ave., Miami, from Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to noon, 305-254-2163
- Worship Center Blessed Ministries, 1793 Opa-Locka Blvd., Opa-locka, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. 786-704-2009
- Free meals for Kids & Teens 18 & younger at participating sites in South Florida. Offered via Summer BreakSpot organization. For information on sites near you, use the interactive-map feature online, or phone 2-1-1 & inquire, or Text FLKIDSMEALS to 211-211
- Food pantry at Soref JCC in Plantation, drive-through pick-ups by appointment. To receive an appointment, participants need to register with a partnering social service agency. For information on social service agencies, use Broward 2-1-1, online or dial 211.
Food aid for seniors:
- Health in the Hood is distributing food to Miami’s most vulnerable citizens, including seniors, through its “Filling Fridges” project. Its aim is to deliver 300 prepared meals to senior centers, homeless shelters and religious organizations on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Click here for more details.
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Miami is providing meals to those in need 60 or older, who live independently in their homes and are registered with the program. Information: 305-754-2444 or online.
- Glory Temple Ministry, 7950 NW 22 Ave., Miami, open only to seniors in urgent need. Call 305-456-5217 to ask for help.
- Meals On Wheels South Florida offers free food to eligible homebound seniors 60 & older, apply. Info: 954-714-6946 or online
- Aging & Disability Resource Center assists with food delivery for seniors who self-quarantined, 954-745-9779 for information.
- Dial 2-1-1 for information on services
- Area Agency on Aging of Broward’s Elder Helpline for seniors over 60 in need of food, 954.745.9779
- Pantry of Broward offers food assistance program, including home deliveries, for seniors and grandparents with custody of grandchildren. Information on eligibility online or 954-358-1481.
More Food Resources:
- Miami Spice will be back, as part of new Miami Shines program
- Free food distributions: See if you’re eligible!
- Free doughnuts for National Donut Day
- Publix chicken tender subs on sale
- Free Krispy Kreme doughnut from June 1 to 5
- Updated: Restaurant openings, deals, free delivery and more
- Bakers and chefs selling directly to the public
- Free to-go entrée at Olive Garden
- Miami eateries serve up meal-deal bundles
- Free meals for kids from Pollo Tropical