Organizations continue offering free food distribution for families needing help. Some sites provide drive-through pickups, while others offer doorstep deliveries for eligible participants. Face coverings are required at all of these sites.
If your organization is distributing food, please email complete info to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
This list is regularly updated to reflect new distribution sites.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page.
Drive-through food distributions include:
- Feeding South Florida and its partners offer free food distribution events in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm counties. Please use an online tool to verify any events you are interested in. Occasionally, events are deleted or moved to a different venue. To verify each day, click here and go to “Distribution Locator” to see a revised list. Click here to locate an agency.
- Farm Share, a nonprofit organization that distributes fruits, vegetables and other food items, is offering drive-through distribution events throughout Florida. Free food items provided usually include fresh produce, nonperishable items and water. To obtain food, you need to arrive in a vehicle with a trunk or cargo bed. Information on drive-through pickups is online. First-come, first served. Financial donations are accepted via FarmShare.org or by texting “EAT” to 41-444.
- Free meals for Kids & Teens 18 & younger are offered at parks, libraries and other participating venues in South Florida. Offered via Summer BreakSpot, a partnership of US Department of Agriculture & Florida Department of Agriculture. For information on sites near you, use the interactive-map feature online, phone 2-1-1 or Text FOODFL to 877-877
Other food distribution programs:
Hours regularly change, so it is recommended you call before you go:
- Seed of Hope Ministries offers occasional food distributions, information on Facebook
- Unity Baptist Church, 13001 NW 7 Ave., North Miami, usually 2 p.m. Tuesdays & Thursdays, 786-486-0898
- Curley’s House of Style, 6025 NW 6 Ct., Miami, Tues.-Fri. from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., call 305-754-7784 or 305-759-9805
- King Jesus International Ministry, drive-thru, 13850 SW 143 Court., Miami 33186 or church lot, 14100 SW 144 Avenue, Miami, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-11 a.m., while supplies last (early arrival recommended), 305-382-3171
- True Deliverance Church, 18300 SW 109 Ave., Miami, from Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to noon, 305-254-2163. Drive-thru preferred
- Worship Center Blessed Ministries, 1793 Opa-Locka Blvd., Opa-locka 33054, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesdays, 786-704-2009
- unconfirmed — CARE Inc., 631 NW 183 St., Miami Gardens, 305-917-0376. Distribution on Tuesdays beginning at noon until supplies last
- unconfirmed — Centro Biblico Puertas de Sion, 16359 NW 57 Ave., Miami Gardens, 786-315-0074
- unconfirmed — Helping Hands with your Heart, 10820 NW 7 Ave., Miami, Tuesdays from 1 p.m. until supplies last. 786-290-4316
- unconfirmed — Perrine Seventh-Day Adventist Church, 9850 E. Datura St., Palmetto Bay, Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., 305-378-2192
- Food pantry at Soref JCC in Plantation, drive-through pick-ups by appointment. To receive an appointment, participants need to register with a partnering social service agency. For information on social service agencies, use Broward 2-1-1, online or dial 211.
Food aid for seniors:
- unconfirmed Health in the Hood is distributing food to Miami’s most vulnerable citizens, including seniors, through its “Filling Fridges” project. Its aim is to deliver 300 prepared meals to senior centers, homeless shelters and religious organizations on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Click here for more details.
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Miami is providing meals to those in need 60 or older, who live independently in their homes and are registered with the program. Information: 305-754-2444 or online
- Glory Temple Ministry, 7950 NW 22 Ave., Miami, open only to seniors in urgent need. Call 305-456-5217 to ask for help
- Meals On Wheels South Florida offers free food to eligible homebound seniors. Info: 954-714-6946 or online
- Aging & Disability Resource Center assists with food delivery for seniors who self-quarantined, 954-745-9779 for information
- Dial 2-1-1 for information on services
- Pantry of Broward offers food assistance program in Broward, including home deliveries, for seniors and grandparents with legal custody of grandchildren. Information on eligibility online or 954-358-1481
No longer offered, or unconfirmed
- no longer offered — Le Jardin Community Center in Homestead is offering drive-thru food distributions once again. Head to the center, at 104 NW 12th St., on Fridays, from 2-5 p.m., while supplies last. All participants must remain in the car, with windows up and trunks open. Distribution is on a first-come, first-served basis. The distribution is organized in conjunction with Truly Local Cares and Mac Edwards Produce & Co.
- unconfirmed — Bible Missionary Baptist Church, 9801 NW 24 Ave., Miami from 7-9 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month, 305-836-7644
- unconfirmed — Bridge to HOPE, 10844 SW 188 St., Miami, 786-269-1608. Call first to receive an ID number to receive an appointment via their website.
- unconfirmed Food Rescue US with sponsorship from The Miami Foundation, Topo Chico and PepsiCo Foundation will distribute meals from various area restaurants. Click here to visit their Instagram page and get the latest details.
Noon to 2 p.m. Thursdays Lil Greenhouse Grill, 1300 NW 3 Ave., Miami through Feb. 25.
2-3 p.m. Saturdays Chef Creole, 200 NW 54 St., Miami
- unconfirmed Flipany is distributing free meal boxes to families for their children. The boxes contain a week’s worth of breakfast and lunch combining fresh and shelf-stable items, including milk. All items are pre packaged in a box and distributed drive-thru or socially-distanced walk-up pick up line (face coverings required). Parents must show proof of children in household or present a pickup form. Thursdays, 9:30-11:45 a.m., Charis Community Center, 13850 SW 143 Court, Miami; Tuesdays, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Episcopal Church of Holy Family, 18501 NW 7 Ave., Miami; Tuesdays 2-4 p.m., Islamic Center, 4305 NW 183rd St., Miami Gardens.
- Health in the Hood is distributing food to Miami’s most vulnerable citizens, including seniors, low-income families and displaced citizens, through its “Filling Fridges” project. Its aim is to give 100 produce bags to displaced Miami-Dade County Public School students at 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays via drive-thru collection in Opa-locka. Early arrival is highly recommended. Click here for more details.
- Make a Wish Veterans is distributing food to veterans, families and the community via drive thru every Friday from 9 a.m. to noon at 1881 Ali Baba Ave., Opa Locka. Masks are required and food will be placed in trunk of car.
- no longer offered — Hands of God in partnership with Seed of Hope Ministries is distributing food on a first-come, first served basis to those in a vehicle with a trunk or cargo bed. The drive-up only events are happening every Saturday at different locations around Miami-Dade. Click here for the latest information.
More Food Resources
- Sonic Drive-In: Get corn dogs for 50 cents each
- Firehouse Subs: Donate bottled water & get free sub
- Best Happy Hour deals around Miami
- Free movie ticket to see Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise,’ courtesy of Applebee’s
- Farmers markets throughout Miami
- Panera Bread: How to get discounted gift cards
- Miami Spice: Get ready for discounted gourmet fare at Miami restaurants
- Burger King offers Buy-One-Get-One for $1 special
- Arby’s offers family-friendly deal with Kids Meal for just $1
- National Ice Cream Month deals & freebies in Miami – UPDATED!