Organizations continue offering free food distribution for families needing help. Some sites provide drive-through pickups, while others offer doorstep deliveries for eligible participants. Face coverings are required at all of these sites.
If your organization is distributing food, please email complete info to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This list is regularly updated to reflect new distribution sites.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page.
Drive-through food distributions include:
- Feeding South Florida and its partners offer free food distribution events in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm counties. Please use an online tool to verify any events you are interested in. Occasionally, events are deleted or moved to a different venue. To verify each day, click here and go to “Distribution Locator” to see a revised list. Click here to locate an agency.
- Le Jardin Community Center in Homestead is offering drive-thru food distributions once again. Head to the center, at 104 NW 12th St., on Fridays, from 2-5 p.m., while supplies last. All participants must remain in the car, with windows up and trunks open. Distribution is on a first-come, first-served basis. The distribution is organized in conjunction with Truly Local Cares and Mac Edwards Produce & Co.
- Food Rescue US with sponsorship from The Miami Foundation, Topo Chico and PepsiCo Foundation will distribute meals from various area restaurants. Click here to visit their Instagram page and get the latest details.
Noon to 2 p.m. Thursdays Lil Greenhouse Grill, 1300 NW 3 Ave., Miami through Feb. 25.
2-3 p.m. Saturdays Chef Creole, 200 NW 54 St., Miami
- Flipany is distributing free meal boxes to families for their children. The boxes contain a week’s worth of breakfast and lunch combining fresh and shelf-stable items, including milk. All items are pre packaged in a box and distributed drive-thru or socially-distanced walk-up pick up line (face coverings required). Parents must show proof of children in household or present a pickup form. Thursdays, 9:30-11:45 a.m., Charis Community Center, 13850 SW 143 Court, Miami; Tuesdays, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Episcopal Church of Holy Family, 18501 NW 7 Ave., Miami; Tuesdays 2-4 p.m., Islamic Center, 4305 NW 183rd St., Miami Gardens.
- Health in the Hood is distributing food to Miami’s most vulnerable citizens, including seniors, low-income families and displaced citizens, through its “Filling Fridges” project. Its aim is to give 100 produce bags to displaced Miami-Dade County Public School students at 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays via drive-thru collection in Opa-locka. Early arrival is highly recommended. Click here for more details.
- Make a Wish Veterans is distributing food to veterans, families and the community via drive thru every Friday from 9 a.m. to noon at 1881 Ali Baba Ave., Opa Locka. Masks are required and food will be placed in trunk of car.
- Farm Share, a nonprofit organization that distributes fruits, vegetables and other food items, is offering drive-through distribution events throughout Florida. Free food items provided usually include fresh produce, nonperishable items and water. To obtain food, you need to arrive in a vehicle with a trunk or cargo bed. Information on drive-through pickups is online. First-come, first served. Financial donations are accepted via FarmShare.org or by texting “EAT” to 41-444.
Feb. 11 9-11 a.m. free kosher food distribution at Greater Miami Jewish Federation, 4200 Biscayne Blvd., Miami and Feb. 18 9-11 a.m. at Dave and Mary Alper JCC, 11155 SW 112 Ave., Miami
- Hands of God in partnership with Seed of Hope Ministries is distributing food on a first-come, first served basis to those in a vehicle with a trunk or cargo bed. The drive-up only events are happening every Saturday at different locations around Miami-Dade. Click here for the latest information.
Other food distribution programs:
Hours regularly change, so it is recommended you call before you go:
- Unity Baptist Church, 13001 NW 7 Ave., North Miami, by appointment, 786-486-0898.
- Bible Missionary Baptist Church, 9801 NW 24 Ave., Miami from 7-9 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month, 305-836-7644
- Bridge to HOPE, 10844 SW 188 St., Miami, 786-269-1608. Call first to receive an ID number to receive an appointment via their website.
- CARE Inc., 631 NW 183 St., Miami Gardens, 305-917-0376. Distribution on Tuesdays beginning at noon until supplies last.
- Centro Biblico Puertas de Sion, 16359 NW 57 Ave., Miami Gardens, from 11 a.m. to noon, 786-315-0074
- Curley’s House of Style, 6025 NW 6 Ct., Miami, Tues.-Fri. from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., call 305-754-7784 or 305-759-9805.
- Helping Hands with your Heart, 10820 NW 7 Ave., Miami, Tuesdays from 1 p.m. until supplies last. 786-290-4316
- King Jesus International Ministry, 14100 SW 144 Ave., Miami, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-11 a.m. (5-6 a.m. arrival recommended), 305-382-3171
- Perrine Seventh-Day Adventist Church, 9850 E. Datura St., Palmetto Bay, Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., 305-378-2192
- True Deliverance Church, 18300 SW 109 Ave., Miami, from Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to noon, 305-254-2163. Drive-thru only.
- Worship Center Blessed Ministries, 1793 Opa-Locka Blvd., Opa-locka, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. 786-704-2009
- Free meals for Kids & Teens 18 & younger at participating sites in South Florida. Offered via Summer BreakSpot organization. For information on sites near you, use the interactive-map feature online, or phone 2-1-1 & inquire, or Text FLKIDSMEALS to 211-211
- Food pantry at Soref JCC in Plantation, drive-through pick-ups by appointment. To receive an appointment, participants need to register with a partnering social service agency. For information on social service agencies, use Broward 2-1-1, online or dial 211.
Food aid for seniors:
- Health in the Hood is distributing food to Miami’s most vulnerable citizens, including seniors, through its “Filling Fridges” project. Its aim is to deliver 300 prepared meals to senior centers, homeless shelters and religious organizations on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Click here for more details.
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Miami is providing meals to those in need 60 or older, who live independently in their homes and are registered with the program. Information: 305-754-2444 or online.
- Glory Temple Ministry, 7950 NW 22 Ave., Miami, open only to seniors in urgent need. Call 305-456-5217 to ask for help.
- Meals On Wheels South Florida offers free food to eligible homebound seniors 60 & older, apply. Info: 954-714-6946 or online
- Aging & Disability Resource Center assists with food delivery for seniors who self-quarantined, 954-745-9779 for information.
- Dial 2-1-1 for information on services
- Area Agency on Aging of Broward’s Elder Helpline for seniors over 60 in need of food, 954.745.9779
- Pantry of Broward offers food assistance program, including home deliveries, for seniors and grandparents with custody of grandchildren. Information on eligibility online or 954-358-1481.
More Food Resources
- Burger King offers buy-one-get-one-for-$1 special
- Get a free donut at Dunkin’
- Domino’s Carryout Deal: Get 3-topping pizza or 10 wings for $7.99
- Burger King rolls out new loyalty program: Royal Perks
- Miami Heat win means 50% off Papa John’s pizza
- Like Argentinean food? Get online discount from North Miami Beach eatery
- Carvel’s sweet deal: Buy one sundae, get one free
- Wendy’s ‘4 For $4 Meal Deal’ includes sandwich, nuggets, fries & drink
- Wendy’s: Get Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit for just $1.99
- Get free Krispy Kreme doughnuts for the rest of 2021