Organizations in South Florida offer free food distribution for families needing help. Some sites provide drive-through pickups, while others offer doorstep deliveries for eligible participants.
Food distributions are in Broward, Miami-Dade and greater Palm Beach. Often the organizations accept volunteers and donations.
This list is periodically revised to reflect new distribution sites. It’s wise to phone or verify on social websites if an event is on the day you’re interested in.
Farm Share is a nonprofit organization that distributes fruits, vegetables and other food items, offers drive-through distribution events in Florida. Free food items provided usually include fresh produce, nonperishable items and water. To obtain food, you need to arrive in a vehicle with a trunk or cargo bed. Information on drive-through pickups is online. First-come, first served. Financial donations are accepted via FarmShare.org
Dial 2-1-1 for information and referrals for food distributions in your region, including greater Palm Beach, Broward and Dade.
Feeding South Florida
Feeding South Florida and its partners offer occasional free food distribution events in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. The website also offers a list of participating organizations. Information is on the website.
La Bodega food pantry at Allapatah YMCA offers food distributions 2 p.m. – 5 p.m. Mondays – Fridays, 2370 NW 17 Avenue, Miami, 305- 635-9622, website. Tickets to receive items are handed out at 1 p.m., while supplies last. It’s wise to phone ahead to be sure the event is on the day you are interested in.
Urban Oasis Project
Urban Oasis Project offers boxes of local produce to eligible recipients in Miami-Dade. The request form is online.
Organizations offering free or inexpensive Pet Food
Tamarac Pet Pantry for eligible residents of Tamarac
The Pet Project for eligible Broward residents, 954-568-5678, Information about the organization and donating is online
Free and reduced-price lunches and breakfast are offered for students at public schools.
Other food distribution programs:
Eligibility requirements may vary.
Hours occasionally are revised. It’s wise to phone or verify on social platforms before you go.
- Seed of Hope Ministries: occasional food distributions; information on Facebook
- Worship Center Blessed Ministries: 1793 Opa-Locka Blvd., Opa-Locka; 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Wednesdays; 786-704-2009
- Craig’s Pantry, for Jewish Broward residents that fit eligibility requirements, 954-648-6359, craigspantry.org
- Riviera Presbyterian Church: 5275 Sunset Drive, Miami; 305-666-8586; provides families with nonperishable items Mondays and Wednesdays, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., while supplies last. Walk-up distribution. Financial donations are accepted via rivierachurch.org
- Curley’s House of Style: 6025 NW Sixth Court, Miami; 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesdays-Fridays; 305-754-7784 or 305-759-9805
- Unity Baptist Church, 13001 NW Seventh Ave., North Miami; usually 1 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays; 786-486-0898
- True Deliverance Church: 18300 SW 109th Ave., Miami; Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to noon; 305-254-2163; drive-thru operation
- King Jesus International Ministry drive-thru: 13850 SW 143rd Court, Miami, or church lot, 14100 SW 144th Ave., Miami; Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-11 a.m., while supplies last (early arrival recommended); 305-382-3171.
- Soref JCC in Plantation, food pantry with drive-thru pickups by appointment; participants need to register with a partnering social service agency. For information on social service agencies, use Broward 2-1-1, online or call 211.
Food for students during summer
Free food for kids and teens is offered at libraries, schools and other venues in Broward, greater Palm Beach and Dade when school is on break.
For sites where food is distributed log online, dial 2-1-1 or Text “FOOD” or “COMIDA” to 304-304
Food aid for seniors:
- Health in the Hood is distributing food to Miami’s most vulnerable citizens, including seniors, through its “Filling Fridges” project.
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Miami is providing meals to those in need 60 or older, who live independently in their homes and are registered with the program. Information: 305-754-2444 or online
- Glory Temple Ministry, 7950 NW 22nd Ave., Miami, open only to seniors in urgent need. Call 305-456-5217 to ask for help
- Meals On Wheels South Florida offers free food to eligible homebound seniors. Info: 954-714-6946 or online
- Aging & Disability Resource Center assists with food delivery for seniors who self-quarantined, 954-745-9779 for information
- Pantry of Broward offers food assistance program in Broward, including home deliveries, for seniors and grandparents with legal custody of grandchildren. Information on eligibility online or 954-358-1481
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagra
- Football Specials: Game Day Deals in Palm Beach County
- Where to find South Florida Oktoberfest festivities
- Flavor Palm Beach: last week for restaurant discounts
- Dine Out Lauderdale restaurant deals & offers last week
- Miami Spice Months: Last week for restaurant discounts
- Chuck E. Cheese celebrates Halloween events and giveaways
- Oktoberfest celebrations at South Florida breweries
- Wynwood’s 13th Annual Octoberfest
- Oktoberfest Miami: Food, music, dancing & family fun
- Free food distributions & resources