This list is regularly updated to reflect new distribution sites.
Organizations are offering free food distribution for families that need help. Some sites provide drive-through pickups, while others offer doorstep deliveries for eligible participants. Face coverings are required at all of these sites.
If your organization is distributing food, please email complete info to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
Drive-through food distributions include:
- Feeding South Florida and its partners offer free food distribution events in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm counties. Please use an online tool to verify any events you are interested in. Occasionally, events are deleted or moved to a different venue. To verify each day, click here and go to “Distribution Locator” to see a revised list. Click here to locate an agency.
- DeliverLean and DeliverLean Cares has partnered with different local sports organizations for weekly drive-through food distribution of nonperishable items and meals on a first-come, first-serve basis. Click here for more details. The updated schedule is as follows:
*9 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, in partnership with Miami Heat official and former player Alonzo Mourning and the Overtown Youth Center at Gibson Park, 401 NW 12th St., Miami.
- Food Rescue US with sponsorship from The Miami Foundation, Topo Chico and PepsiCo Foundation will distribute meals on these dates:
- Aug. 11 from 2-4 p.m., first-come, first served, drive-thru food distribution at Boia De Restaurant, 5205 NE 2 Ave., Miami (Little Haiti)
- Flipany is serving free Grab n Go Meals to kids ages 18 and younger at 17 Miami-Dade locations at various times throughout the day. The bagged meals will be available via drive up or walk up and children/teens must be present with parents to receive the meal. See the full list of sites, days and times here.
- Health in the Hood is distributing food to Miami’s most vulnerable citizens, including seniors, low-income families and displaced citizens, through its “Filling Fridges” project. Its aim is to give 100 produce bags to displaced Miami-Dade County Public School students at 11 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays via drive-thru collection in Opa-locka. Click here for more details.
- Make a Wish Veterans is distributing food to veterans, families and the community via drive thru every Friday from 9 a.m. to noon at 1881 Ali Baba Ave., Opa Locka. Masks are required and food will be placed in trunk of car.
- Farm Share, a nonprofit organization that distributes fruits, vegetables and other food items, is offering drive-through distribution events throughout Florida. Free food items provided usually include fresh produce, nonperishable items and water. To obtain food, you need to arrive in a vehicle with a trunk or cargo bed. Information on drive-through pickups is online. First-come, first served. Financial donations are accepted via FarmShare.org or by texting “EAT” to 41-444.
- Hands of God in partnership with Seed of Hope Ministries is distributing food on a first-come, first served basis to those in a vehicle with a trunk or cargo bed. The drive-up only events are happening every Saturday at different locations around Miami-Dade. Click here for the latest information.
- Champions Unite is distributing summer meals for kids on a first-come, first served basis via drive-thru on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in North Miami and at other locations around Miami-Dade County. Click here for details on the latest additional sites.
Other food distribution programs:
Hours regularly change so it is recommended you call before you go:
- Unity Baptist Church, 13001 NW 7 Ave., North Miami, by appointment, 786-486-0898.
- Life Changers Worship Centers, 5941 NW 176 St., #11, Hialeah, Mon.-Fri. from 10 a.m. to noon, breakfast and lunch for kids from kindergarten through 12th grade, 786-457-4503
- Bible Missionary Baptist Church, 9801 NW 24 Ave., Miami from 7-9 a.m. on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month, 305-836-7644
- Bridge to HOPE, 10844 SW 188 St., Miami 786-269-1608. Appointments via their website.
- CARE Inc., 631 NW 183 St., Miami Gardens. Open Tues. and Wed. from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., call 305-917-0376 for food distribution times.
- Centro Biblico Puertas de Sion, 16359 NW 57 Ave., Miami Gardens, from 11 a.m. to noon, 786-315-0074
- Christian Missionary Church of Miami, 5022 NW 7 Ave., Miami, from noon to 2 p.m., 786-537-3931
- Curley’s House of Style, 6025 NW 6 Ct., Miami, Tues.-Fri. from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., call 305-754-7784
- Helping Hands with your Heart, 10820 NW 7 Ave., Miami, Tuesdays from 1-2 p.m. 786-290-4316
- Iglesia de Dios Pentecostal, 1751 NW 115 St., Miami, distribution is from 4-6 p.m. but days vary, call 305-681-1725 to confirm.
- King Jesus International Ministry, 13850 SW 143 Ct., Unit #9, Miami, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-10 a.m. (5-6 a.m. arrival recommended), 305-382-3171
- Perrine Seventh-Day Adventist Church, 9850 E. Datura St., Palmetto Bay, Tuesdays from noon to 4 p.m., 305-378-2192
- True Deliverance Church, 18300 SW 109 Ave., Miami, from Tuesdays from 10 a.m. to noon, 305-254-2163
- Worship Center Blessed Ministries, 1793 Opa-Locka Blvd., Opa-locka, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. 786-704-2009
- Free meals for Kids & Teens 18 & younger at participating sites in South Florida. Offered via Summer BreakSpot organization. For information on sites near you, use the interactive-map feature online, or phone 2-1-1 & inquire, or Text FLKIDSMEALS to 211-211
- Food pantry at Soref JCC in Plantation, drive-through pick-ups by appointment. To receive an appointment, participants need to register with a partnering social service agency. For information on social service agencies, use Broward 2-1-1, online or dial 211.
Food aid for seniors:
- Health in the Hood is distributing food to Miami’s most vulnerable citizens, including seniors, through its “Filling Fridges” project. Its aim is to deliver 300 prepared meals to senior centers, homeless shelters and religious organizations on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Click here for more details.
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Miami is providing meals to those in need 60 or older, who live independently in their homes and are registered with the program. Information: 305-754-2444 or online.
- Glory Temple Ministry, 7950 NW 22 Ave., Miami, open only to seniors in urgent need. Call 305-456-5217 to ask for help.
- Meals On Wheels South Florida offers free food to eligible homebound seniors 60 & older, apply. Info: 954-714-6946 or online
- Aging & Disability Resource Center assists with food delivery for seniors who self-quarantined, 954-745-9779 for information.
- Dial 2-1-1 for information on services
- Area Agency on Aging of Broward’s Elder Helpline for seniors over 60 in need of food, 954.745.9779
- Pantry of Broward offers food assistance program, including home deliveries, for seniors and grandparents with custody of grandchildren. Information on eligibility online or 954-358-1481.
More Food Resources:
- Sonic Drive-In: Get half-price shake in August
- Free & cheap things to do this weekend in Miami
- Krispy Kreme’s Educator Appreciation Week offers free ‘Straight A Dozen’ for all
- Fair Food Drive-Thru returns with new offerings
- Pollo Tropical: Free meals for kids, plus new app and curbside pick-up
- Back-to-School: Freebies, deals & more to honor teachers
- Papa John’s: 50% off pizza when Miami Heat wins
- Free meals for Miami-Dade students during summer break: New location added
- Free food help for seniors in South Florida
- Free food distributions in South Florida