Free events, discounts and deals
Miami on the Cheap writes about as many free events as we can at no charge. We can’t write about everything, so we choose the events we believe will be of the most interest to our readers and offer the best value, with preference given to free entertainment events open to the public, such as free concerts, free movies and free festivals. You can send us news of:
- Free events.
- Substantial discounts on events, including special discounts for Miami on the Cheap readers.
- Other discounts and deals.
If you’d like to have your event or deal considered for publication, please fill in the form below and attach artwork (.jpg format is preferred) at least a week in advance of the event. You can also email information and artwork to email@example.com. We’re happy to accept tips from the public about events and deals they hear about as well; please send as much information as you have to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the form below and we’ll try to ferret out the rest. We do not guarantee free publication of any event.
Calendar of Free & Cheap Things To Do
If you are producing a free event and would like to submit it for inclusion at Miami on the Cheap calendar of free and cheap things to do, submit it below. Miami on the Cheap writes about free and cheap things to do, mostly entertainment-oriented. We do not charge for listings, and we choose which events are likely to be of the most interest to readers in deciding which to publish. Submit those events in the form below.
Community Calendar for Other Types of Events
If your event is not free, is free only after paying admission to a venue or does not fit into the categories we cover, you can submit it yourself to our community calendar. We have added this calendar as a service to our readers, and there is no charge for listings, though you may choose paid options for enhanced listings or additional advertising. You can submit your event here.
These are the types of events you can submit to our community calendar. Click on Add Event:
- Fitness classes (submit fitness classes here)
- Fund-raisers (submit fund-raisers here)
- Art exhibits and openings (submit art openings here)
- Happy hours (these will appear on a separate Happy Hour page and you can submit them here)
- Music performances at bars and restaurants (these also will appear at Music in South Florida and you can submit them here).
- Karaoke and open mic nights (these also will appear at Music in South Florida and you can submit them here).
- Entertainment events that are not free or cheap (music and theater events also will appear at Music in South Florida and you can submit those here).
- Talks, lectures and readings (submit talks here)
- Business networking events (submit networking events here)
- All events must be open to the public.
- Events can only be submitted once, but you can correct or update your own events
- Miami on the Cheap reserves the right to delete any event it deems inappropriate or too promotional
- Submitted events will not appear immediately, but will first be edited by a real human being
- Events submitted at Miami on the Cheap may also appear at Fort Lauderdale on the Cheap, Palm Beach on the Cheap or Music in South Florida.
If your arts organization publishes a calendar, we may be able to pull events from your site and add them to our calendar. Email us at email@example.com with a link to your calendar to ask about that option.
Events that will not be published on the Community Calendar:
- Details of an attraction, restaurants, museums or other venues open every day.
- Summer camps or semester-long classes.
- Sales at a business.
- Investment seminars.
- Free “introductory” events designed to sell products or services.
- Regular showings of movies (we already have movie listings by theater). Special one-time showings are welcome.
Get More Attention For Your Event or Business By Advertising
Paid advertising options are available for all types of events, store sales, attractions, camps and other venues. Our ad representative can help put together a personalized package that’s the best fit for your event. You can advertise with us using a banner ad, a sponsored post, a giveaway or a leaderboard ad on a popular page, with optional social media
Want to list your restaurant or restaurant specials?
You can find our restaurant listings here, along with a link to submit your restaurant information.
Want to list your business, attraction or service?
Add your business to our business directory.
Is this the right form to submit your event?
If you are submitting information about a fitness event, an art gallery opening or exhibit, a fund-raiser that is not free, lecture, networking event, happy hour, live music in a bar or an event that costs more than $10, you should submit to our community calendar instead. If you are submitting a free entertainment event open to the public, continue with this form.
Use this form to submit information about free and cheap entertainment events only.