Keeping the kids busy during the sweltering summer months is always a challenge and a hit to the wallet. At Summer Knights Camp, they’ve got you covered for both, especially with the $50 registration fee waived for any parents who register their kids before May 16.
The camp is hosted by Archbishop Curley Notre Dame Prep and features a five-week Visual and Performing Arts Camp or a Sports Camp from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 4949 NE 2 Ave., Miami. The camps are for tweens and teens.
Here’s a breakdown of what’s offered:
- June 16-20: Story & Character Development with a field trip to O Cinema; Basketball.
- June 23-27: Landscape & Interior Settings with a workshop presented by Perez Art Museum and field trip to the De La Cruz Collection; Basketball.
- June 30-July 3: Guided tour of “Americana” exhibit at Perez Art Museum; Football & Volleyball.
- July 7-11: Sound & Editing with a guided tour of the Wynwood Walls and Galleries; Basketball, Tennis and Soccer
- July 14-18: Post-Production and Animated Shorts Premiere with a musical and spoken word performance by Omilani; Baseball, Softball and Wrestling.
Camps are $100 a week but discounts are applied for multiple-week registrations: $175 for two weeks; $250 for three weeks; $325 for four weeks and $400 for five weeks.
Go to www.acnd.net/SummerKnights to register or call 305-751-8367, ext. 22 for more info.