Saturday, May 18, is Art Museum Day, and more than 100 museums nationwide are offering free admission. That includes five museums in South Florida. The celebration is part of International Museum Day.
The South Florida participants are:
- Bass Museum of Art, Miami Beach. Special events include a Fantasy Theatre Factory performance at 3 p.m. of “Gordon Gumshoe – Fantasy Detective.”
- Lowe Art Museum, Coral Gables.
- Miami Art Museum, Miami. Docent-led tours of New Work Miami 2013 and Frames of Reference are at 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- The Wolfsonian, Miami Beach.
- Museum of Art | Fort Lauderdale.
May is Miami Museum Month, which means 2-for-1 admission to 23 museums in South Florida through May 31.