Expressing gratitude with a simple thank you just doesn’t seem like enough when it comes to first-responders. Those on the front lines at hospitals and fire stations deserve so much more. Like many Miami restaurants that are taking meals to these individuals, The Salty Donut in Wynwood has launched a doughnut delivery campaign.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
It works a little differently than the restaurant meals in that customers can place an order for a box of doughnuts called the “Health Services & First Responders Packs” (between $22 and $44) to be delivered to first-responders. As an added thank-you, The Salty Donut will match every donation dollar for dollar.
Plus, they’ll give both the donor and the first-responder each a gift card for half of the total cost of the box of doughnuts.
The Salty Donut will be delivering boxes to:
- Baptist Hospital in South Miami
- Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Baptist Doctors Hospital
- City of Miami Fire Rescue
- Nicklaus Children’s Hospital
The list of hospitals and fire stations is expected to grow as The Salty Donut has a submission form for suggestions on other locations that should be added.
More Food Resources
- Updated: Restaurant openings, deals, free delivery and more
- Free Starbucks coffee for frontline responders
- Free food distributions: See if you’re eligible!
- Bakers and chefs selling directly to the public
- Free to-go entrée at Olive Garden
- Miami eateries serve up meal-deal bundles
- Free meals for kids from Pollo Tropical
- Wendy’s 4 For $4 Meal Deal
- Publix expands open/close times, suspends senior hours
- Free McDonald’s fries every Friday