Music fans are certainly missing out on live performances, but Miami’s musical groups are filling that void. Many of them are offering virtual performances through their websites.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
Take a look…
- Florida Grand Opera is offering FGO GO entertainment online featuring emerging artists from the FGO Studio. Register online or sign up for emails. It’s free to join.
- New World Symphony is streaming concerts from its archives and on its Facebook page with “Live from our Living Room.”
- Orchestra Miami is launching a Virtual Concert Hall soon on its website, and past performances can be viewed on their YouTube Channel.
- Miami Symphony Orchestra has gone virtual and its website is linked to the YouTube Channel so fans can watch past performances.
- YoungArts is presenting their YoungArts at Ted’s performances via livestream. The first one will feature Composer and Pianist Conrad Tao, 2011 YoungArts winner in Classical Music and U.S. Presidential Scholar. Performance is May 7 at 7 p.m. RSVP here.
- South Florida Symphony Orchestra is showcasing its Intermission Music Series performance with Siudy Flamenco on its YouTube channel.
- Frost School of Music is presenting Friday Nights @ Frost at 7:30 p.m., re-broadcasting past performances. Visit the website for the schedule. They’re also live mini-concerts Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-6:15 p.m. on the City of Coral Gables Instagram page.
- FIU School of Music is streaming performances via their Facebook page on Saturday nights at 8 p.m.
Additional posts about virtual arts options:
- Miami’s venues and attractions go virtual
- Classic movies at Coral Gables Cinema drive-in
- Local musicians livestream performances
- Online arts experiences with Culture Shock Miami
More Virtual Entertainment
- Miami-Dade County Auditorium postpones free ‘Drive-Through Theatre Experience’
- Veggies & herbs you can grow inside in summer
- Open or closed? See what’s what in Miami-Dade – UPDATED
- Orchestra Miami’s annual Beethoven on the Beach goes virtual
- Deering Estate’s new deal: BOGO general admission
- Stream ‘Hamilton’ with original Broadway cast
- Josef Gingold Chamber Music Festival of Miami features world-class concerts virtually
- Arsht@Home gives you VIP access to art, music & more!
- Free & cheap things to do this weekend in Miami UPDATED
- 28 free & cheap dog-friendly parks in Miami-Dade
Virtual Entertainment Calendar
Wednesday, July 8, 2020
Thursday, July 9, 2020
Friday, July 10, 2020
Saturday, July 11, 2020
Sunday, July 12, 2020
Monday, July 13, 2020
Tuesday, July 14, 2020