Over the last year, we’ve seen the rise of outdoor theaters as the pandemic pushed us to find new ways of enjoying the simple pleasure of watching a movie. The Miami Jewish Film Festival and the City of Miami Beach are keeping the trend going by hosting a three-week summer film series under the stars.
The series runs through Aug. 5, 2021, with movies playing every Thursday and Sunday night at 8:15 p.m. The best part is that all showings are free and open to the public.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page.
The Miami Jewish Film Festival and the City of Miami Beach recognize the challenges families and the community have faced in recent weeks and are proud to create an experience where people can safely gather to enjoy a sense of connection. It’s sure to be fun for the whole family!
Here is the complete list of showtimes and locations for the Summer Movies Under the Stars Series:
- “Jurassic Park”
Thursday, July 22, 2021 at 8:15 p.m.
Normandy Plaza, 7802 Rue Vendome
- “Little Shop of Horrors”
Sunday, July 25, 2021 at 8:15 p.m.
Collins Park, 2100 Collins Ave.
- “Godzilla vs. Kong”
Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 8:15 p.m.
Lummus Park, 1440 Ocean Drive
Sunday, Aug. 1 at 8:15 p.m.
Pride Park, Convention Center Drive
- “Love and Monsters”
Thursday, Aug. 5, 2021 at 8:15 p.m.
Lincoln Road, 1120 Lincoln Road Mall
Make yourself comfortable and don’t forget to bring blankets, lawn chairs, drinks, snacks, and even pets to the summer film series! For more information, click here.
- Free & cheap things to do this week in South Florida
- Doral Yard features entertainment & events
- 2-for-1 discounts & other LauderDEALS for fun & recreation
- Free outdoor summer Tai Chi, drum circles, pet fun, and family day at the Norton
- Things to do on a rainy day in Miami
- Free & cheap things to do this weekend in Miami & South Florida
- Olympia Arts Miami is Taking Arts to the Streets!
- Shakespeare Festival offers free outdoor plays
- Friday Night Sound Waves offers free concerts at oceanside park
- Free entry for ‘Islands’ food & music festival