Deering Estate at Cutler is hosting Youth Arts Day & Music Fest on Sunday, May 5, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The event includes artwork, as well as musical and theatrical performances from students and organizations. Admission is free for youth (Grades K-12); $12 for adults.
The festival features a month long visual and literary art exhibition as well as a day long series of youth performance art at the Deering Estate at Cutler.
Deering Estate at Cutler is located at 16701 SW 72 Ave., Miami FL 33157. For more info, call · 305-235-1668 or visit www.deeringestate.com
• Historic House Tours – 10:30 am & 3:00 pm
• Natural Areas Tour – 12:30 pm
• On-Stage Performances – 11:00 am – 3:45 pm Sponsored by Reflections Productions, Inc. and Superwheels Skating Center
Enjoy a day of youth performances including Classical and Contemporary dance, music, theater, spoken word, and chorale works.
• Good Vibrations Percussion – 10:00 am – 4:00 pm ongoing
Experiment with the sounds of on-loan traditional and home-made instruments. Explore the sounds from custom congas, rain-sticks, cymbals and drums. All abilities welcome.
• Colors of the Wind – 10:00 am – 3:00 pm ongoing
Colors of the Wind is a designated art making area for children with easels and paint next to the beautiful boat basin. After creating images of the water, houses, and natural elements, works can dry in our Colors of the Wind Gallery. Time and participant name will be written on the back of the piece and after 30 minutes, work will be rolled and put into a bin for later collection.
• Movin’ Grovin’ Streamers – 11:00 am – 3:00 pm ongoing
Create your own dance streamer and learn some grovin’ dance moves to be performed at the 3:15 pm “Flash Mob.”
• Celebrate Mother Nature – 10:00 am – 4:00 pm ongoing
Visit with our Mother Nature character and enjoy hands on learning with specimens, magnifying glasses, and creatures that sample curriculum from our onsite living classroom programs.
• Youth Arts Day Exhibit – Enjoy youth artwork from all over the county including ceramics, painting, drawing, photography, sculpture and written word pieces on view inside the Richmond Cottage and Stone House from April 27 through May 16.