Community bike rides were the norm around Miami before staying home brought those to a halt.
If you miss pedaling outdoors, don’t miss the Community Bike Ride on Aug. 16 kicking off at 7 a.m. from Miami Design District’s Jungle Plaza at 3801 N. Miami Ave. Click here for full details and to pre-register.
There are three distances to choose from, all rides begin and end at Jungle Plaza:
- 20 miles along the Venetian Cswy. and Pinetree Blvd.
- 30 miles south through Brickell, Pinecrest and Cocoplum
- 40 miles south through Brickell to Deering Estate
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page
Before you head over, here are some ground rules:
- Only adult riders allowed and helmets required
- Masks not required during ride
- Masks are required at on-site registration
- Social distancing is mandatory while at Jungle Plaza prior to the ride
- Review and sign the waiver before arrival
- Bring your own bike or rent one in advance from Bikes Midtown. Call the at 305-704-2126 and they’ll deliver to Plaza that morning.
Take advantage of a few discounts after the ride:
- Ride sponsor Rapha Miami at 3911 NE 1 Ave. is offering 20% off select biking merchandise in their clubhouse
- Pura Vida Miami at 3818 NE 1 Ave. is offering 20% off all purchases
Here are some other fun outdoor activities:
Miami’s got plenty of bike trails, all of which are now open. Find one in a variety of neighborhoods where you can enjoy beautiful views of the city. Click here to read where to find them.
Gardens are aplenty around Miami too and we’ve got a comprehensive round up of the best ones around Miami. Plan an outing to stroll through these lushly landscaped grounds. Click here for all the details.