Memorial Day ceremonies won’t happen in person this year, but there are several virtual events planned in Miami, as well as some noteworthy national ones.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
MEMORIAL DAY TRIBUTE
WHAT: The City of North Miami will honor the U.S. military’s fallen heroes during a virtual ceremony. The city asked residents to submit names of loved ones for commemoration.
SEE IT: May 25 at 10 a.m. via its Facebook page
WHAT: Runners, you can honor our service men and women on May 25 by lacing up your running shoes and taking a virtual run hosted by Run For The Medal. This is a self-coordinated, self-paced training run to complete on your own time – with no setup, according to the organization. You can run at anytime and anywhere you wish.
Run For The Medal will ship you a shirt, as well as running freebies and a finisher’s medal to you once the run is completed.
DO IT: Click here to register.
And if you play the trumpet or bugle, join in on the national salute May 25 at 3 p.m. Step out on your porch, lawn or balcony and play Taps to honor our military’s fallen heroes.
Keep checking Miami On The Cheap, as we continue adding information every day!
More Virtual Entertainment
- Tap! Tap!: Virtual Haití Book Festival kicks off May 30
- Drive-ins: Go out and enjoy movies, live music
- Hard Rock Stadium turning into drive-in!
- Dezerland Park invites you to new drive-in theater
- Virtual 5K Run: Sign up to join WE RUN MIAMI!
- Scooby fans, watch the latest flick & grab a Fandango party pack
- Get cultured: Visit museums, galleries and attractions, experience theater online
- Miami’s Technique Records now offering curbside pickup
- Vizcaya gardens has reopened to the public
- Life is a Cabaret! at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center virtual sessions
Virtual Entertainment Calendar
Monday, June 1, 2020
Tuesday, June 2, 2020
Wednesday, June 3, 2020
Thursday, June 4, 2020
Friday, June 5, 2020
Saturday, June 6, 2020
Sunday, June 7, 2020