School is out and the dog days of Summer are upon us. Keep the kids cool and entertained with these great deals.
Here, we have some additional suggestions for Miami-Dade fun with kids on the cheap this summer.
Summer in South Florida brings the Summer Savings Pass discount for attractions and a chance to see free outdoor movies. Plus, we have places like the beach, which are always free, and regular discount days at museums.
Here are 32 free or cheap things for Miami-Dade kids to do this summer:
Free or cheap outdoor activities in Miami
- Explore one of the 16 beaches in the Miami area
- Visit the Miami Seaquarium with a deal.
- Visit four attractions unlimited times for one price with the Summer Savings Pass. The deal is good for Zoo Miami, the Miami Seaquarium, the Museum of Discovery and Science in Fort Lauderdale and Lion Country Safari. It costs $58 plus tax for adults and $48 plus tax for kids ages 3 to 12. If you already hold an annual pass to one of these venues, you can get the Summer Savings Pass at a discount: $33 plus tax for adults and $23 plus tax for youngsters.
- Visit five attractions for the price of one with the South Florida Adventure Pass. This deal is good for Flamingo Gardens, Sawgrass Recreation Park, XTreme Action Park, Bonnet House Museum and Young at Art Museum. The South Florida Adventure Pass is $45 plus tax for adults and $35 plus tax for children 3-12. If you have an annual pass to one of the attractions, you can update for $30 plus tax for adults and $20 plus tax for children. You can buy the pass at participating attractions. The pass is good through Sept. 30.
- See a baseball game by the Miami Marlins at a discount. There are a number of discounts offered, but one of the best deals for families is the Aquafina Family Four Pack: four admissions, four hot dogs and four Pepsi soft drinks or Aquafina waters at designated Sunday afternoon games. Games start at $84. Sunday games feature kid-friendly pregame entertainment, live music, games, giveaways and more.
- Explore Miami by bicycle on a free or cheap bike trail. Miami-Dade is filled with great trails that allow you to be active with your bicycles on a budget. Remember to always take sunscreen, a water bottle, bug repellent, snacks and a camera to take pictures of your adventure.
- Get 2-for-1 entry to museums and attractions in Broward. The Summer Savings deals are valid through Sept. 30 are promoted on the Greater Fort Lauderdale tourism website. The vouchers are free to print and display on your phone. Or receive by mail with a request form online.
- Cool off or learn to swim at a Miami-Dade park pool or at a City of Miami pool. Miami-Dade County offers swim lessons year-round for all ages. Lessons cost from $10 to $60 per two-week sessions, and scholarships are available for children 2 to 17. The city of Miami offers lessons year-round for $45 for eight lessons for city residents and $65 for non-residents.
- Take your dog to one of the Miami-Dade Dog-Friendly Parks.
- Play tourist with a discount on a Miami tour.
- Stay cool in the Summer heat at these Water Parks.
Free and cheap things to do with kids indoors in Miami this summer
- Build or create something in a free workshop presented by Home Depot, Michaels or the Lego store. Check your local store for the latest schedule.
- Find discounts on indoor playgrounds and arcades.
- Taste Cuban food at one of the many local restaurants
- Earn a free book with Barnes & Noble kids’ reading program. Children in grades 1-6 can get a free book, after they’ve read eight this summer. The program runs from through Sept. 3.
- Visit four attractions unlimited times for one price with the Summer Savings Pass. The deal is good for Zoo Miami, the Miami Seaquarium, the Museum of Discovery and Science in Fort Lauderdale and Lion Country Safari.
- Visit five attractions for the price of one with the South Florida Adventure Pass. This deal is good for Flamingo Gardens, Sawgrass Recreation Park, XTreme Action Park, Bonnet House Museum and Young at Art Museum.
- Get 2-for-1 entry to museums and attractions in Broward.
- Check out free passes for museums and attractions at the library. This is one of the best deals around. Parents can check our passes that provide free visits to museums and attractions for up to four family members. The passes are good at a number of attractions, including the Deering Estate, Fruit & Spice Park, HistoryMiami, the Miami Children’s Museum, the Phillip & Patricia Frost Museum of Science, Perez Art Museum Miami, Vizcaya Museum and Gardens. Each library has a limited number of passes, but you can check online to find out when they are available.
- See shows for $5 or visit museums for $2.50 with Culture Shock Miami. This is another great deal for Miami-Dade residents. Culture Shock Miami provides students 13 to 22 with discount tickets to numerous cultural performances in Miami for only $5 each. Best of all, each student can buy another ticket, and anyone of any age can use the second ticket. That means two students can take two parents, and the whole family can see a show for just $20. Culture Shock also has standing discounts to various museums and attractions that are usually expensive to visit, allowing students to purchase two tickets for $2.50 each.
- Visit museums on their monthly free days. Many Miami-Dade Museums have a special free day each month, and some of those free days include special activities for families. Among the museums with free family days each months are the Gold Coast Railroad Museum, the Perez Art Museum Miami, the Coral Gables Museum and HistoryMiami.
Free or cheap entertainment for kids in Miami this summer
- See free outdoor family movies. Cities, parks and shopping centers offer a variety of free families movies outdoors during the summer. Check out Miami on the Cheap for the latest schedule.
- See shows for $5 or visit museums for $2.50 with Culture Shock Miami.
More free and cheap things to do with kids in Miami this summer
- Enjoy Miami-Dade’s top 10 free and cheap things to do with kids.
- Experience Miami’s 10 best free and cheap things to do.
- Take a staycation and save up to 55% on Miami attractions with the Go Miami card or visit Orlando with the Go Orlando card.
- Attend a free concert, art walk, library program, movie or another Miami free event. See all the Miami free events.
- Find free and Cheap Things To Do in Miami This Week.
- Find free and Cheap Things To Do in Miami This Weekend.
- Try crafts, DIY science projects or community field trips.
- Make your own outdoor fun with DIY toys and games.
Do you know of another good free or cheap things for kids to do in Miami-Dade this summer? Email us the details at email@example.com
Find more free and cheap things to do with kids this week:
Tuesday, July 23, 2019
Wednesday, July 24, 2019
Thursday, July 25, 2019
Friday, July 26, 2019
Saturday, July 27, 2019
Sunday, July 28, 2019
Monday, July 29, 2019
See our full Calendar of Events