Have you visited the Miami Beach Botanical Garden lately?
This 3-acre tropical oasis sits in the heart of Miami Beach, at 2000 Convention Center Drive, and is brimming with beauty. Best of all: It’s open to the public from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily (except Mondays) for $5 per person. There’s a $1.94 fee.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page.
The sanctuary-like grounds feature a variety of water features, a native and an edible garden, flowering trees, wildlife and of course plenty of orchids and palm tress.
Stroll through the Japanese Garden, walking over an idyllic red bridge then take in the colorful fruits in the edible garden. There you’ll see starfruit, papaya, pineapple, lychee and pomegranates growing.
The orchids are just as colorful, bursting with yellows, purples, pinks and whites while in the Palm Garden there are more than 100 species represented. The main pond filled with water lilies and featuring a cascading fountain and circular fountain are the garden’s water features. They’re surrounded by red mangroves and plenty of water loving plants.
According to its Facebook page, the garden was created as a Miami Beach City park in 1962 and rejuvenated during fall 2011 with a $1.2 Million landscape renovation by South Florida landscape architect Raymond Jungles.
IN OTHER GARDENS NEWS
Miami’s many gardens are an ideal setting for taking a nice, long stroll surrounded by lush, colorful scenery.
Historic spots such as Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, Deering Estate, Vizcaya Museum & Gardens, The Kampong and Pinecrest Gardens are just a few we suggest. For more information, click here.
More Entertainment & Things to Do in Miami
- Free & cheap things to do this weekend in Miami
- Zoo Miami: Last chance to enjoy $15 Monday admission!
- Regal Theatres: Enjoy discounted tickets & bargain popcorn
- Tony Succar headlines free Hispanic Heritage concert on Saturday
- It’s fall! Harvest festivals popping up around Miami
- Rent an RV for fall travel
- Free & cheap Halloween 2021 events in Miami
- Miami festivals & events: Your guide to what’s happening in 2021
- Fairchild Garden: 20% off admission with promo code
- Santa’s Parade of the Elves, a popular South Miami tradition, scheduled to make 2021 comeback