South Florida is definitely flavorful. Food festivals and events offer appetizing opportunities to nibble on scrumptious fare, including dishes from local restaurants and vendors.
Often, food festivals in Miami-Dade, Broward & greater Palm Beach include live entertainment, demonstrations and exhibits.
Some events are free or relatively inexpensive, with food and drinks for purchase from participating vendors. For other events, fees apply, and food and drinks may be included.
Some food festivals are family friendly, while others are specifically for visitors age 21 and older.
Please return to this feature as other events are added. Also, before purchasing tickets, read or inquire about the refund policy. Refunds may not be offered.
Food Festivals & Events in South Florida
- July 2 Vegan BBQ Party from 4-10 p.m., featuring vegan foods and drinks, vendors, art, entertainment and family fun zone. Entry fees are $13.10 for adults and free for kids age 10 and younger. Venue: Huizenga Plaza, 32 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale. Tickets are available online, or at the event if it’s not sold out
- July 9-10 Aloha Polynesian Culture & Seafood Festival in Oakland Park, $10 & free for ages 11 & younger. Event includes Island music, fire dance and hula dancing.
- July 22 Riverwalk Rhythm & Brews, free entry & live entertainment at Esplanade Park in Fort Lauderdale. Fun includes entertainment, lawn games, food vendors, Funky Buddha beer & beverages, and live entertainment featuring Mama Fuma. Esplanade Park is at 400 SW Second Street, Fort Lauderdale 33312. Information is online
- October 15 SOLA Rum Food & Wine Festival 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. October 15, Lauderhill Performing Arts, 3800 NW 11th Place, Lauderhill 33311, $65.28 & $91.81 early purchase deals, information is online
- August 6 Summer Beer Fest 4 p.m. – 9 p.m., exhibitors, entertainment, food pairing seminars, 2985 South Bayshore Drive, Miami, $33.80, information is online
- August 13 Black Pepper Food & Wine Festival featuring African-American restaurateurs is 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. @ FIU Biscayne Bay, 3000 Northeast 151st Street, North Miami Beach 33181. The event includes live entertainment, vendors, & demonstrations. Entry is free & VIP is offered. Black Pepper Food & Wine Festival dishes out food & entertainment
- August-September: Spice Restaurant Months in Miami-Dade County, featuring fixed-price lunches and dinners at participating restaurants. Information is online.
- November 6 Miami Food Festival, German American Social Club of Greater Miami, 11919 SW 56th Street, Miami 33175, $10 entry. Event includes live entertainment, games for youngsters, international foods for purchase, website
- Nov. 12-13 Miami Rum Renaissance Festival at Coral Gables Woman’s Club, 1001 E. Ponce de Leon Blvd. Discounted tickets $39 – $89 if purchased prior to event. Regular prices are $49 – $99. Information is online.
Palm Beach County
- November 13 Palm Beach VegFest, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. at Meyer Amphitheater, 104 Datura Ave., West Palm Beach. Entry is free. Visit website
- December 3 Jupiter Beer, Wine & Spirits Fest, age 21 & older, Abacoa Amphitheatre,1260 University Blvd., Jupiter 33458, Includes live entertainment and food for purchase, entry fees are $15 for designated drivers with no alcohol. For others, fees, including extra fees and taxes, are $57.51, $63 & $68.48, information online
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami-South Florida on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagra
m, or visit our Facebook group page.
Other things to do in South Florida, including free events
Saturday, July 2, 2022
Sunday, July 3, 2022
Monday, July 4, 2022