Despite school closures, Miami-Dade County Public Schools will continue its breakfast and lunch program, with some modifications.
The Miami-Dade County School District released a statement which read, in part:
“The District is aware that food insecurity is a serious concern in our community. M-DCPS provides free breakfast for all students and free or reduced-price lunch to more than 73 percent of students. With the support of local community partners, M-DCPS is fully prepared to implement a community feeding plan to provide meals for students and families. All schools will be providing hot grab-and-go meals for both breakfast and lunch between 9 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (March 16-20).”
Students need to show school identification to receive a meal for themselves and family members accompanying them. Meals are walk-up or pull-up.
The district is also partnering with community organizations that help address food challenges.
More information on procedures being implemented at Miami-Dade County Public Schools is available here.
More Food Resources:
- Free food, giveaways & discounts for first-responders, hospital workers
- Restaurants keep adding new deals (and free delivery!)
- Pizza Hut: Large, 3-topping pizza for $9.99 delivered
- Order wine, beer online and get cocktails to go
- Enjoy quality meals at home with these Miami restaurant DIY kits
- Miss socializing over drinks? Try free ‘Chat with the Winemakers’ virtual series
- Store hours for seniors only
- Order groceries and household products online for pickup or delivery
- Krispy Kreme’s Be Sweet Saturdays: Get free Original Glazed dozen to share
- Free coffee for front-line responders at Starbucks
More Fun for Kids
- Create your own Youth Fair experience
- Spend a virtual day at the park with #ThePlayground
- Cool stuff for kids to do at home
- Miami venues, attractions go virtual
- Jungle Island will teach the kids for free
- Free storytelling for the kids
- Free meals continue for Miami-Dade public school students
- ‘Festive Friday’ free entertainment at Southland Mall
- Family Day on Aragon: Movie, museum, books
- PAMM free days