Free paper shredding and safe prescription disposal are offered by Broward Sheriff’s Office for Broward residents.
Shred-A-Thon events are intended to avoid identity theft by shredding personal papers with private information. The events also accept old unused prescription medications for safe disposal. In fact, incentives are offered for turning in prescriptions.
The reward is a $5 gift card, one per family while supplies last.
Events are offered occasionally at different venue, including
- 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. May 7 @ Weston BSO District Office, 17300 Royal Palm Boulevard, Weston 33326
- 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. May 21 @ Cooper City District Office, 10580 Stirling Road, Cooper City
For shredding, drop off a maximum of 2 boxes per vehicle, within specific size guidelines. Up to 16 inches length, 12 inches width, 12 inches height.
For information, phone 954-831-8902 or log onto the website.
Other Useful Resources
- Free online homework help from local libraries
- Drive-up event in Davie offers free plants for Broward residents, registration required
- Ride for free with Freebee in Aventura
- South Florida farms: Where to find fresh fruits & vegetables
- Free Publix prescriptions program to end soon
- Free trees available in South Florida: Here’s what to do
- COVID tests: How to get another 4 free rapid kits sent to your home
- Free food distributions & resources in Florida
- Florida gardening: Free webinar & other free resources to spruce up your yard
- How to avoid holiday scams & fraud
Cooper City ,FL33026