Summer in South Florida brings free or cheap kids’ movies, free days at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, the Summer Savings Pass discount for attractions and a chance for kids to bowl free. Plus, we have places like the beach, which are always free, and regular discount days at museums
Here are 20 free or cheap things to do in Miami this summer for kids :
- See kids’ movies for $1 at participating Regal Cinemas.
- See kids’ movies free at Cobb Theatres.
- See kids’ movies for $1 at the Intracoastal Mall
- Earn prizes in the Miami-Dade libraries summer reading program.
- Earn a free book with Barnes & Noble kids’ reading program.
- Create their own projects at the free eco-art camp at Miami Beach Botanical Garden.
- Visit Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden free the first Wednesday of the month.
- See ‘dive-in’ movies for $5 in the pool at Grapeland Water Park.
- Visit four attractions unlimited times for one price with the Savings Pass 2013. The deal is good for Zoo Miami, the Miami Seaquarium, the Museum of Discovery and Science in Fort Lauderdale and Lion Country Safari.
- Bowl free every day.
- Learn target shooting and casting for fish at Pro Shops free Family Summer Camp.
- Check out free passes for museums and attractions at the library.
- See shows for $5 or visit museums for $2.50 with Culure Shock Miami.
- Visit museums on their monthly free days.
- Enjoy Miami-Dade’s top 10 free and cheap things to do with kids.
- Get 2-for-1 entry to museums and attractions in Broward.
- See kids’ movies for $1 or less at Cinemark.
- Join one Broward museum or attraction and get free entry to others in June.
- Attend a free concert, art walk, library program, movie or another Miami free event. See the latest free events.
If you’re still looking for ideas, our friends at Living on the Cheap have these suggestions:
- Join with other families to create your own summer camp.
- Try crafts, DIY science projects or community field trips.
- Join lots of free summer reading programs.