It's still hurricane season. Stay informed.
Miami-Dade County offers the free ReadyMDC mobile app, which allows you to get the most up-to-the-minute information to deal with a hurricane before, during and after.
THE APP INCLUDES INFORMATION ON:
- How to prepare for a hurricane
- Knowing which areas that are in danger of storm surge
- Locating evacuation centers
- What to do with your pets
- Finding assistance
Palm Beach County
Stay on top of South Florida’s fast-changing weather with Palm Beach Post Weather+. Get hourly radar, severe weather push notifications, 7-day forecasts, hurricane alerts and more. It’s your local weather, delivered in a whole new way.
Broward county does not have an app, but a notification system. AlertBroward notifications will provide subscribers with important information in critical countywide situations such as a hurricane. This would include evacuations, curfews, and open shelters.
By signing up you’ll receive time-sensitive calls to your home, business or mobile phones, or you can sign up for text messages or emails. You pick where, you pick how.?
Learn more about hurricane prep
Find other Miami-Dade County resources – including videos, maps, checklists and more – by clicking here.
The site is run by the Office of Emergency Management, which plans and prepares for emergencies by coordinating activities with county departments, municipalities, nonprofit social service and medical-care agencies, businesses, residents and visitors. It helps educate the public on preparedness, coordinating emergency response and recovery, and delivers emergency information.
Hurricane prep for pets
Meanwhile, Miami-Dade Animal Services wants to know: Do you have all your pet supplies in case of a storm?
The county agency is reminding residents to “always include your furry family members in your storm plans!”
When planning an emergency kit, pet owners are urged to consider the pet’s basic needs, including prescriptions and important paperwork.
Click here to for a checklist of recommended pet supplies.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
More useful resources
- Free food distributions & resources
- Free exams from Health Van in Hollywood
- Free homework help from libraries
- Free vaccines for pets
- Free TV channels, programs and shows at your fingertips
- Volunteer ushers get to see high-quality performances
- Libraries in Palm Beach ‘seed' knowledge
- Updated: Free or discount museum entry with SNAP card
- Broward Sheriff's Office offers free shredding & prescription disposal
- AARP will help older adults create their future at Senior Planet, Miami