Florida is offering its residents an opportunity to purchase storm supplies without paying state sales tax, which is 6 percent.
You’ll save at least $6 on every $100 you spend.
The sales tax holiday, which is May 28 – June 10, is valid for a variety of eligible items, including hurricane supplies. Usually, specific price points are required for tax-exempt status to apply.
Examples of items included in the tax holiday:
- flashlights and other eligible lights $40 or less
- eligible batteries $50 or less
- portable generators $1,00 or less
- portable powerbanks, $60 or less
- radios $50 or less
- fire extinguishers $70 or less
Some household items that are eligible for the tax holiday are useful anytime, such as pet products and fire extinguishers. First-aid kits are always exempt from sales tax.