Miami-Dade Animal Services wants to know: How’s your emergency storm prep going? Do you have all your pet supplies?
With Florida currently in the path of Tropical Storm Isaias, the county agency is reminding residents to “always include your furry family members in your storm plans!”
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page.
When planning an emergency kit, pet owners are urged to consider the pet’s basic needs, including prescriptions and important paperwork.
Some examples of what to include:
- Medication for at least two weeks (with instructions on dosages and a pharmacy contact for refills)
- Flea/tick medication and heartworm preventive for one month
- Recent photo of pet(s)
- Microchip information
- Food and water for at least two weeks, per pet
In a Facebook post, Miami-Dade Animal Services states, “Remember: Your pets go where you go! In the event of a hurricane, what’s best for you is typically best for your pet.”
For more details, click here.
WHAT ABOUT A KIT FOR THE HUMANS IN THE FAMILY?
The aftermath of a hurricane can be devastating and leave you and loved ones without basic necessities. Click here for a helpful guide to creating an essential and basic emergency supply kit.
WANT THE MOST CURRENT INFORMATION?
Worried about the next named storm? Not sure what it will mean to South Florida?
More Useful Resources
- Where to get a COVID vaccine in Miami-Dade – UPDATED
- What’s open in Miami? Check status here
- New ways to promote business and events (or find them)
- ACA reopens: Sign up for health insurance now
- Free food distributions in South Florida – UPDATED
- Miami-Dade Parks & Rec has seasonal jobs (plus other positions in Miami)
- Free Zoom backgrounds for Miami & beyond: Universities, hotspots, sports & more
- Miami face masks: Represent your city in style with these facial coverings
- Check out Miami On The Cheap’s special coupons page
- Special offers for teachers – UPDATED