Miami-Dade Animal Services wants to know: How’s your emergency storm prep going? Do you have all your pet supplies?
The start of the season is in June, so the county agency reminds residents to “always include your furry family members in your storm plans!”
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page.
When planning an emergency kit, pet owners are urged to consider the pet’s basic needs, including prescriptions and important paperwork. For more details, click here.
Some examples of what to include:
- Medication for at least two weeks (with instructions on dosages and a pharmacy contact for refills)
- Flea/tick medication and heartworm preventive for one month
- Recent photo of pet(s)
- Microchip information
- Food and water for at least two weeks, per pet
WHAT ABOUT A KIT FOR THE HUMANS IN THE FAMILY?
The aftermath of a hurricane can be devastating and leave you and loved ones without basic necessities. Click here for a helpful guide to creating an essential and basic emergency supply kit.
WANT THE MOST CURRENT INFORMATION?
Worried about the next named storm? Not sure what it will mean to South Florida?
More Useful Resources
- Children’s Trust Family Expo: Last event is this Saturday
- Get 2 free trees this Saturday, as part of Miami-Dade giveaway
- Where to get a COVID vaccine in Miami-Dade
- Earn cash using Ibotta app when you shop
- Tri-Rail train offers $5 fares on weekends
- Hallmark: How to get 12 free greeting cards
- After-school programs: Check out these affordable options in Miami
- Special deals, freebies for teachers
- Publix: Get pet medications at the pharmacy
- Sam’s Club: Get Groupon special offer