School is out and the dog days of summer are almost here. So, what fun things can you do with kids in Miami and South Florida this summer?
Summer in South Florida brings many options for free and cheap things to do in Miami during the summer — even this year. The Summer Savings Pass discount, for example, is available for specific attractions. Plus, we have places like the beach, which are always free, and regular discount days at museums.
Keep the kids entertained with these great and cheap suggestions for fun in Miami-Dade County!
Please note: The status of places may change, so we always advise checking with a venue (when possible) for official confirmation. Also, while you’re checking that, it’s a good idea to read up on new established safety protocols and guidelines for each spot.
Keep checking back as we will continue to update this post!
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page.
Free and cheap things to do with kids in Miami this summer
- Take advantage of great savings with the Summer Savings Pass and visit the wide open spaces of Miami Seaquarium, Zoo Miami or Lion Country Safari. Click here for details.
- Does bowling count as exercise? We think so! Get the kids moving with a fun game with free bowling for kids all summer long.
- For those rainy summer days, get the kiddos to practice their reading skills with free books for kids through the Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program. You can also get free books through The Children’s Trust book club.
- Here’s something fun the kids can do, courtesy of the Miami Children’s Museum and its “Museum At Home” program: The museum partnered with Miami’s own Romero Britto for a special activity to give your little artists some professional instruction. Get creative with art and learn about other free virtual offerings by clicking here.
- Explore one of the 16 beaches in the Miami area.
- Explore Miami by bicycle on a free or cheap bike trail. Miami-Dade is filled with great trails that allow you to be active with your bicycles on a budget. Remember to always take sunscreen, a water bottle, bug repellent, snacks, and a camera to take pictures of your adventure.
- Take your dog to one of Miami-Dade’s dog-friendly parks.
- Splish and splash at one of the many public pools and water parks where kids can cool off from the sun.
- Having a good time at Chuck E. Cheese can get expensive, so its Summer Fun Pass is the perfect ticket for big savings. The pass pays for itself in just a few visits. The more you use it, the more you save.
More free and cheap things to do with kids in Miami this summer
- Find free and Cheap Things To Do in Miami This Week.
- Find free and Cheap Things To Do in Miami This Weekend.
Free and cheap things to do with kids in Broward this summer
For other events & activities in South Florida, read: Free summer fun & deals for kids & families in Broward .If you’re still looking for ideas, our friends at Living on the Cheap have these suggestions
- Try crafts, DIY science projects or community field trips.
- Make your own outdoor fun with DIY toys and games.
Do you know of another good free or cheap things for kids to do in Miami-Dade this summer? Email us the details at email@example.com
Find more free and cheap things to do with kids this week: