School is out and the dog days of summer are almost here. So, what fun things can you do with kids in Miami and South Florida this summer?
Summer in South Florida brings many options for free and cheap things to do in Miami during the summer — even this year. The Summer Savings Pass discount, for example, is available offering discount admission to Zoo Miami, Lion Country Safari and Cox Science Center & Aquarium. The South Florida Adventure Pass offers discount admission to four attractions: Sawgrass Recreation Park in west Weston, Flamingo Gardens in Davie, the Museum of Science & Discovery in Fort Lauderdale and Butterfly World in Coconut Creek.
Plus, we have places like the beach, which are always free, and regular discount days at museums.
Keep the kids entertained with these great and cheap suggestions for fun in Miami-Dade County!
Please note: The status of places may change, so we always advise checking with a venue (when possible) for official confirmation. Also, while you’re checking that, it’s a good idea to read up on new established safety protocols and guidelines for each spot.
Free Art for Kids
Miami Beach Botanical Garden offers free art classes for kids. The program is 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. Wednesdays, register online.
Free and cheap things to do with kids in Miami this summer
Other free and cheap fun in Miami-Dade
- Miami Beach Botanical Garden offers free entry
- Get the kids moving with a fun game with free bowling for kids all summer long.
- Explore one of the 16 beaches in the Miami area
- Free or cheap bike trail
- Dog-friendly Park
- Tri-Rail offers $5 fares on weekends
- Free museum entry if you have this one thing…
- Cheap kids' movies this summer in South Florida
More to do…
- Explore Miami by bicycle on a free or cheap bike trail. Miami-Dade is filled with great trails that allow you to be active with your bicycles on a budget. Remember to always take sunscreen, a water bottle, bug repellent, snacks, and a camera to take pictures of your adventure.
- Take your dog to one of Miami-Dade's dog-friendly parks.
- Splish and splash at one of the many public pools and water parks where kids can cool off from the sun.
More free and cheap things to do with kids in Miami this summer
- Find free and Cheap Things To Do in Miami This Week.
- Find free and Cheap Things To Do in Miami This Weekend.
Do you know of another good free or cheap things for kids to do in Miami-Dade this summer? Email us the details at email@example.com