School is out and the dog days of summer are upon us. So, what to do?
Summer in South Florida brings many options – even this year. The Summer Savings Pass discount, for example, is available for specific attractions. There’s also a chance to see free outdoor movies. Plus, we have places like the beach, which are always free, and regular discount days at museums.
Keep the kids entertained with these great and cheap suggestions for fun in Miami-Dade County!
Keep in mind that the status of places keeps changing, so we always advise checking with a venue (when possible) for official confirmation.
Also, while you’re checking that, it’s a good idea to read up on new established safety protocols and guidelines for each place.
Free or cheap outdoor activities in Miami
- Explore one of the 16 beaches in the Miami area
- Explore Miami by bicycle on a free or cheap bike trail. Miami-Dade is filled with great trails that allow you to be active with your bicycles on a budget. Remember to always take sunscreen, a water bottle, bug repellent, snacks, and a camera to take pictures of your adventure.
- Take your dog to one of the Miami-Dade Dog-Friendly Parks.
- Go to the drive-in and watch fun family movies at several locations around Miami. Click here for details.
Free and cheap things to do with kids indoors in Miami this summer
- Fun activities to do at home including musical tips from Miami Music Project musicians, dance moves from Thomas Armour Youth Ballet and soccer skills from the U.S. Soccer Foundation on the Stay at Home Miami website
- Learn fun facts about animals and national parks and the important role they play in protecting the environment and endangered species from experts at Jungle Island offering virtual interactive classes.
- Check out loads of fun virtual activities with Miami’s museums and attractions, watch pelicans take flight and sharks swim, make arts & crafts with experts at Michael’s store and listen to stories about space. Click here for all the details.
- Take advantage of great savings with the Summer Savings Pass and visit the wide open spaces of Lion Country Safari in West Palm Beach or make a reservation to visit the Museum of Discovery & Science in Fort Lauderdale. Click here for details.
- Visit the Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science in downtown Miami, where you can see sharks and stingrays swimming in a four-story tank, see birds and reptiles in the open-air level of the museum, and have interactive fun in the MeLab, River of Grass and Feathers to the Stars exhibit areas. Click here to see full details.
More free and cheap things to do with kids in Miami this summer
- Find free and Cheap Things To Do in Miami This Week.
- Find free and Cheap Things To Do in Miami This Weekend.
- Try crafts, DIY science projects or community field trips.
- Make your own outdoor fun with DIY toys and games.
Do you know of another good free or cheap things for kids to do in Miami-Dade this summer? Email us the details at email@example.com
Find more free and cheap things to do with kids this week:
Monday, May 17, 2021
Tuesday, May 18, 2021
Wednesday, May 19, 2021
Thursday, May 20, 2021
Friday, May 21, 2021