Fall brings cooler temperatures, perfect for nature walks. The organizers of Miami Eco Adventures know this and have planned accordingly.
They’re ramping up their monthly nature walk programming at Arch Creek Park in North Miami Beach.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
In October, they’re offering:
- Archaeology Family Adventure nature hikes/walks
Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m-noon or 2-3:30 p.m.
Oct. 25. $6 per person.
- Guided nature walks
Saturdays from 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Oct. 17. Free.
- Campfire and night walk
Friday and Saturday nights from 7:30-9:30 p.m.
Oct. 16, 24 and 30. $6 per person.
- Ghost Tour and campfire
Thursdays from 7:30-9:25 p.m.
Oct. 15, 22 and 29. $6 per person.
Sign up soon as the tours have limited capacity and fill up quick! Social distancing practices will be in place, as will mask-wearing requirements. Wear closed-toe shoes and insect repellent (and bring a flashlight for nighttime activities).
Join the family friendly adventure with nature guides as they…
- Take you on a hike through the tropical hardwood hammock, once the site of a Tequesta Tribe.
- Host a post-hike, hands-on demonstration at a mock excavation site.
- Teach you the value of historical and archaeological sites.
- Point out the variety of plants and animals found at the park.
- Guide you through the sights and sounds of screech owls, raccoons and other nocturnal natives.
Arch Creek Park is one of the North Miami Beach’s treasures. The small park was created around a natural limestone bridge formation thought to have been part of an Indian trail used first by the Tequesta Tribe, and later the Seminoles.
You will also find a museum with American Indian and pioneer artifacts, a butterfly garden, and a bird and wildlife sanctuary.
WANT MORE OUTDOORS ADVENTURES?
Try one of Miami’s many bike trails!
Whether you want to mountain bike or just take a nice cruise, here are 13 free and cheap bike trails in Miami-Dade County that you and your family can enjoy. Click here for details.
Miami’s gardens are another great way to enjoy the outdoors. They are an ideal setting for taking a nice, long stroll surrounded by lush, colorful scenery. Check out our roundup of suggested ones to visit, some of the city’s best and most historic. Click here for details.
Other beloved Miami attractions Vizcaya Museum & Gardens and Deering Estate (also offering a BOGO admission deal) are open with limitations, and many other attractions are open for virtual visits. See the list of those attractions, venues and museums here.
- Sensory-Friendly Show at Sandrell Rivers Theater: Tickets just $5
- Get ready for Florida Supercon this month
- Free & cheap things to do this weekend in Miami & South Florida
- July Fourth fireworks, parades & fun in South Florida
- Free live music at Government Center
- Things to do with kids this summer (free, low-cost & deals)
- Food festivals: Feast on fun & fabulous flavors
- Florida Freedom Week Tax-Free event for recreation & tickets
- Dolphin Mall offers ‘Bubble Fest’ and Artisan Show
- ‘Brévo for Broadway’ offers exclusive discount for show