Make a fun day out of visiting u-pick farms throughout Miami and South Florida, where you can pluck your own fruit and vegetables fresh from the plants. It’s fun, cheap and fresh.
Find strawberries, tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, star fruit, lychee, herbs, flowers and more. We encourage you to try the tropical fruits, such as mamey, anon, chocolate sapote and the papaya. Thirsty? Try the coco frio, which is refreshing cold water straight from the coconut.
First, we’ve got a few tips for you, but keep scrolling to find addresses and more information on actual locations!
It’s a good idea to check the weather and the produce calendar in advance – as well as to call ahead (phone numbers are listed below). Conditions change quickly and produce may have been picked already. Some farms are only open during the season, while others are open year-round. Some take cash only.
Dress for the occasion
Get ready for dirt. Consider wearing comfortable shoes or boots, gloves, a hat, and sunscreen. Bring bags or boxes to carry the produce and put it in the trunk of the car. Schedule your outing for when the sun is not at its brightest, like the morning.
Only pick what you can eat and store before it goes bad. Remember to rinse the produce well and air dry at home before eating.
U-pick farms in Miami-Dade County
- Robert is Here, 19200 SW 344th St., Homestead, FL 33034. Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily (closed Thanksgiving and Christmas Day). Check out Robert’s extensive list of milkshakes and smoothies to enjoy while shopping.
- Knaus Berry Farm, 15980 SW 248th St., Homestead, FL 33031. Phone: 305-247-0668. Hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Saturday, from November through mid-April. Closed Sundays, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. Cash only. The cinnamon buns here are legendary.
- Sam and Philly’s also known as By Brothers, 16790 SW 177th Ave., Miami, FL 33187. Phone: 305-233-3276. Hours: 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday-Sunday.
- Fresh Gardens, 31400 SW 194th Ave., Homestead, FL 33030. Their u-pick is available throughout certain times of the year. Check their Facebook page for the most up-to-date information.
- Martha’s U-Pick, 15701 SW 177th Ave., Miami, FL 33187. Phone: 305-417-3882. Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
- Serendib Farms, 25495 SW 197th Ave., Homestead, FL 33031. Phone: 305-323-8159. Hours: 1-5 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Sunday, and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday.
- U-pick Kendall, 9600 SW 137th Ave., Miami, FL 33176. Phone: 305-322-3388. Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily, from December through May.
- U-pick Turnpike, 117th Avenue and 160th Street, Miami, FL. Phone: 305-322-3388. Hours: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m daily, from December through May.
- U-pick Country Walk, 16000 SW 157th Ave., Miami, FL. Phone: 305-322-3388. Hours: 9 am to 6 pm daily, from December through May.
U-pick farms in Broward County
- Bob Roth’s New River Groves, 5660 Griffin Road, Davie, FL 33314. Phone: 954-581-8630. Hours: 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday-Sunday. Terry’s Famous Key Lime Pies are a staple here.
- Family Farms Inc., 14950 SW 14th St., Davie, FL 33326. Phone: 954-715-6533. Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday, 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday-Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday. The vegetables here are all grown using organic and sustainable farming practices!
U-pick farms in Palm Beach County
- The Girls Strawberry U-pick, 14466 S. Military Trail, Delray Beach, FL 33484. Phone: 561-496-0188. Hours: 10:30 a.m. to dusk Tuesday through Friday, 10 a.m. to dusk Saturday and Sunday. Admission price for seniors (65 +) $5.95, adults (13+) $6.95, children (3-12) $4.95. You must take home a baked good from Gramma’s Bakery.
- Bedner’s Farm Fresh Market, 10066 Lee Road, Boynton Beach, FL 33473. Phone: 561-733-5490. Hours: 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday. There are always some fun activities happening here so bring the whole family.
You may also be interested in:
Got an item to add to this post? Did we miss your favorite u-pick farm or fruit stand? Submit it here.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagra
m, or visit our Facebook group page.
More useful resources
- Where to get a COVID vaccine in Miami-Dade
- Check out Miami On The Cheap’s special coupons page
- Free spay/neuter services for pets
- Hallmark: How to get 12 free greeting cards
- After-school programs: Check out these affordable options in Miami
- Special deals, freebies for teachers
- Publix: Get pet medications at the pharmacy
- Sam’s Club: Get Groupon special offer
- Free food distributions in South Florida
- Comparing drugstore card perks: Rite-Aid vs. CVS vs. Walgreens