You want to go out to dinner, but it can get so expensive. Here are eight ways to save on eating out in South Florida:
1. Miami on the Cheap restaurant deals. We write up deals we hear about that will save you money or get you restaurant freebies.
2. Restaurant deals from Living on the Cheap. Here are the current national chain restaurant deals listed at Living on the Cheap (you might see a few for restaurants we don’t have in Miami):
- Free Donuts on National Donut Day
- Wendy’s 4 For $4 meal deal — 8 sandwich options
- Memorial Day Weekend freebies and deals
- Get Frosty for 50 cents at Wendy’s
- Dairy Queen offers 2 for $4 Treat Nights
- Quiznos: BOGO free pulled pork sub on National BBQ Day
- Cinnabon: Free Classic Roll for all healthcare professionals
- Free Bloomin’ Onion at Outback Steakhouse
- Teacher’s Appreciation Week deals and freebies
- Chipotle thanks educators with BOGO free entrée
3. Restaurant.com: This company sells discount restaurant certificates to restaurants nationwide. Each restaurant has its own restrictions on how the certificates can be used, so read the fine print before you buy to make sure it’ll be a good deal for you. If you understand the rules, you can eat well on the cheap. Here’s how to make sure you get the best deal:
- A certificate worth $25 is normally $10, for example. But those certificates sometimes go on sale.
- Certificates are frequently offered for 40% off (or $6), 50% off (or $5) or 60% off (or $4). The ad above is automatically updated to tell you about the latest sale price and the promo code you need to get it.
- New certificates are added once a month, usually at the beginning of the month, and popular restaurants may sell out fast.
- Most restaurants require a minimum purchase to use the certificate, some restrict how often you can dine at a discount and others have other rules. Be sure to read the fine print before you buy.
- Restaurant.com sometimes is late to find out when a restaurant has gone out of business, so you might also want to make sure the restaurant is still around. If a restaurant goes out of business after you’ve bought a certificate, Restaurant.com will let you exchange it.
See all the Restaurant.com deals here.
5. Groupon. Find deals at popular restaurants. You can find these on your phone once you’ve chosen a restaurant and then just show the number on your phone in the restaurant, but check first to make sure the venue doesn’t require a printed coupon. Click here to see all the deals.
7. Local Dines: This South Florida business offers certificates for 50% dining in more than 350 South Florida restaurants in Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. The usual discount is 50% off. But Blue Plate Specials take that discount even deeper at times, usually at the end of the month. Popular restaurants sell out fast, so you’re smart to check for those at the beginning of the month, when new deals are added. If the restaurant will let you show the deal on your phone (and many will), you can search for a deal while you’re in the restaurant. Click here to see the deals.
8. Check out Miami food and drink specials at Miami’s best happy hours.