You want to go out to dinner, but it can get so expensive. Here are eight ways to save on eating out in South Florida:
1. Miami on the Cheap restaurant deals. We write up deals we hear about that will save you money or get you restaurant freebies.
2. Restaurant deals from Living on the Cheap. Here are the current national chain restaurant deals listed at Living on the Cheap (you might see a few for restaurants we don’t have in Miami):
- Sam’s Club offers membership deal
- Election Day 2020 freebies & deals
- Marco’s Pizza: Get 50% off today only
- Krispy Kreme’s ‘Sweet-or-Treat’ Saturdays: A dozen doughnuts for $1
- Free Doritos Locos Taco at Taco Bell one day only!
- Free McDonald’s fries on Fridays
- IHOP offers IHOPPY Hour with daily specials
- Panera Bread offers $5-off promo code
- Starbucks: Buy-one-get-one free beverage - only on Oct. 8!
- Red Lobster serves up affordable Daily Deals
3. Restaurant.com: This company sells discount restaurant certificates to restaurants nationwide. Each restaurant has its own restrictions on how the certificates can be used, so read the fine print before you buy to make sure it’ll be a good deal for you. If you understand the rules, you can eat well on the cheap. Here’s how to make sure you get the best deal:
- A certificate worth $25 is normally $10, for example. But those certificates sometimes go on sale.
- Certificates are frequently offered for 40% off (or $6), 50% off (or $5) or 60% off (or $4). The ad above is automatically updated to tell you about the latest sale price and the promo code you need to get it.
- New certificates are added once a month, usually at the beginning of the month, and popular restaurants may sell out fast.
- Most restaurants require a minimum purchase to use the certificate, some restrict how often you can dine at a discount and others have other rules. Be sure to read the fine print before you buy.
- Restaurant.com sometimes is late to find out when a restaurant has gone out of business, so you might also want to make sure the restaurant is still around. If a restaurant goes out of business after you’ve bought a certificate, Restaurant.com will let you exchange it.
See all the Restaurant.com deals here.
5. Groupon. Find deals at popular restaurants. You can find these on your phone once you’ve chosen a restaurant and then just show the number on your phone in the restaurant, but check first to make sure the venue doesn’t require a printed coupon. Click here to see all the deals.
7. Check out Miami food and drink specials at Miami’s best happy hours.
Remember that restaurant promotions can change any time, and not all locations participate in all promotions, so it’s always smart to call ahead and verify the deal is still valid.