Hey, music lovers, here's an opportunity for the kids to learn about a special instrument.
The steelpan, which originated in Trinidad & Tobago, is the focus of a free workshop for students in Plantation.
Registration is required for the youth workshop, set for 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, March 26, 2022, at Island Space Caribbean Museum.
Students will learn about the “the history and range of the steelband orchestra and have an opportunity to learn how to play song,” according to an event representative. Instruments and refreshments will be provided.
The museum is inside Broward Mall, 8000 W. Broward Blvd., Plantation. Participation is limited., so you'll want to register by calling 786-897-8854 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami-South Florida on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or visit our Facebook group page.
Savor other events in South Florida
- Free: Art & Jazz on the Avenue in Delray Beach
- Register for free chess play on ‘Queens Night Out,' West Palm
- International Women's Day Pop Ups, The Square, West Palm
- Free Noon Tunes at Fort Lauderdale park
- Vocalist & violinist Nicole Yarling featured at ‘Black Lives' event in Fort Lauderdale
- Free events at Miami Beach Bandshell
- Free Beethoven Festival by Orchestra Miami
- Free Sounds of Little Haiti monthly event
- Free screenings at UM Cosford Cinema
- Free outdoor (and indoor) concerts this week in South Florida
Island Space Museum in Plantation