Pet owners: We've learned of a free spay and neuter service in Miami-Dade County.
Every first Friday of the month, the county's Animal Services Department is offering the surgical procedure for dogs and cats, at no charge.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page.
Billed as “Free First Friday,” the event takes place at Robbie’s Feed & Supply, 22390 SW 177th Ave., Miami. Organizers have said they alternate between cats and dogs per Friday, so be sure to check which pet is eligible on any given month.
Also, space is limited, so appointments are recommended. To reserve your pet's spot, call 311. For more information on the Miami-Dade County Animal Services Department, click here.
Publix: Get your pet medications at the pharmacy
Did you know Publix fills pet meds? The Lakeland-based supermarket giant makes it convenient to pick up your prescriptions – and your pet’s – in a one-stop shopping experience.
All Florida locations offer heartworm and flea/tick prescriptions, as well as antibiotics and allergy medicine. Find out more by clicking here.
Other pet news
Other useful resources
- ACP low-cost Internet service set to expire end of April
- Free exams from Health Van in Hollywood
- Free food distributions & resources
- Free homework help from libraries
- Free vaccines for pets
- Free TV channels, programs and shows at your fingertips
- Volunteer ushers get to see high-quality performances
- Libraries in Palm Beach ‘seed' knowledge
- Updated: Free or discount museum entry with SNAP card
- Broward Sheriff's Office offers free shredding & prescription disposal