South Florida artists open their studios and exhibit spaces to showcase their work during popular and lively ArtWalk events in Fort Lauderdale’s FATVillage.
Join ’em on the last Saturdays every month (except December), from 6-10 p.m., to enjoy art exhibits, artisan vendors, and a variety of food and entertainment. Admission is free.
FATVillage, the Flagler Arts and Technology arts district, is around 521 NW First Ave. Free parking is available in what’s known as the Sears lot. There are also parking meters in a public lot on Northwest Fourth Street and Andrews Avenue, plus a paid parking lot on Northwest First Avenue, according to the FATVillage website.
Well-behaved pets on leashes are permitted. For more information, phone 954-760-5900 or log onto the website.
Other art events, fairs & festivals
- Fort Lauderdale Artwalk, usually 6 p.m. – 11 p.m. fourth or fifth Saturdays, 844 NE Fourth Ave.; free entry, includes artisan vendors, food vendors and entertainment; website
- Plant fairs in South Florida: Exciting displays of orchids & other foliage favorites
- Food Festivals in South Florida offer fabulous flavors & fun
- Free first Thursdays events at NSU Art Museum in Fort Lauderdale
- Free ArtWalk & guided walking tour of murals in Hollywood
Keep up with the latest news, sign up for the daily Miami-South Florida on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or visit our Facebook group page.