South Florida is definitely flavorful. Food festivals and other food events offer exotic fare and favorite dishes, including items from local restaurants and vendors.
Often, food festivals in Miami-Dade, Broward & greater Palm Beach include live entertainment, demonstrations and exhibits.
Some events are free or relatively inexpensive, with food and drinks for purchase from participating vendors. For other events, fees apply, and food and drinks may be included. Deals are occasionally offered for purchasing tickets prior to the event.
Some food festivals are family friendly, while others are specifically for visitors age 21 and older.
Please return to this feature as other events are added. Also, before purchasing tickets, read or inquire about the refund policy. Refunds may not be offered.
Food Festivals & Events in South Florida
- September 24 Libations by The River on Riverwalk in Fort Lauderdale, free entry, discount opportunity for tastings
- October 15 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. Vegan Block Party, Huizenga Plaza, 32 E. Las Olas Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, entry fee online is $13.11 with tax & fees, and free for ages 10 and younger, purchase tickets online on at event if leftovers are available
- October 15 SOLA Rum Food & Wine Festival 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. October 15, Lauderhill Performing Arts, 3800 NW 11th Place, Lauderhill 33311, Discount opportunity: $65.28 & $91.81 early purchase deals, information is online
- December 3 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. Vegan Block Party, Esplanade Park, 400 SW Second Street, Fort Lauderdale, entry fee online is $13.11 with tax & fees, and free for ages 10 and younger, purchase tickets online or at event if leftovers are available
- August 13 Black Pepper Food & Wine Festival featuring African-American restaurateurs is 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. @ FIU Biscayne Bay, 3000 Northeast 151st Street, North Miami Beach 33181. The event includes live entertainment, vendors, & demonstrations. Entry is free & VIP is offered. Black Pepper Food & Wine Festival dishes out food & entertainment
- August-September: Spice Restaurant Months in Miami-Dade County, featuring fixed-price lunches and dinners at participating restaurants. Information is online.
- November 2-6 Seed Food & Wine Week. Various events in Miami-Dade focus on plant-based foods. A free event is November 5 in Coconut Grove
- November 6 Miami Food Festival, German American Social Club of Greater Miami, 11919 SW 56th Street, Miami 33175, $10 entry. Event includes live entertainment, games for youngsters, international foods for purchase, website
- November 12-13 Miami Rum Renaissance Festival at Coral Gables Woman’s Club, 1001 E. Ponce de Leon Blvd. Discount opportunity: tickets are $39 – $89 if purchased prior to event. Regular prices are $49 – $99. Information is online
Palm Beach County
- September 16 p.m. Boynton Beach Food, Wine & Brew Festival includes selections from local restaurants, Benvenuto Restaurant, 1730 N. Federal Highway, Boynton Beach 33435, $50, information is online
- November 4-6 Feast of Little Italy Italian Festival in Jupiter, free entry
- November 13 Palm Beach VegFest, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. at Meyer Amphitheater, 104 Datura Ave., West Palm Beach. Entry is free. Visit website
- December 3 Jupiter Beer, Wine & Spirits Fest, age 21 & older, Abacoa Amphitheatre,1260 University Blvd., Jupiter 33458, Includes live entertainment and food for purchase, entry fees are $15 for designated drivers with no alcohol. For others, fees, including extra fees and taxes, are $57.51, $63 & $68.48, information online
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami-South Florida on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagra
m, or visit our Facebook group page.
Other things to do in South Florida, including free events
Monday, October 3, 2022
Tuesday, October 4, 2022
Wednesday, October 5, 2022