If you’re a fan of fanciful flowers and other fabulous foliage, plant shows are abundant in South Florida.
Delight in displays, and shop from vendors offering native plants, exotics, and other products for enhancing your yards and indoor spaces.
Often, plant fairs include such extra activities as educational workshops, art exhibits and fun for kids.
Some events are free to attend. For those with fees, discount opportunities are occasionally offered. Inquire about refund policies, as some events do not offer refunds.
Plant Fairs & Events in South Florida in 2022
Redland International Orchid Festival
October 7-9 Redland International Orchid Festival, Fruit & Spice Park, 24801 SW 187th Ave., Homestead, 305-247-572, entry fees likely apply, website
Beauty of Orchids exhibit in Davie
Live orchids and orchid photography are on display March 19 – May 8 at Flamingo Gardens, 3750 S. Flamingo Road, Davie. Diverse varieties of live orchids are placed among the lush tropical foliage of the attraction. The photography exhibit includes the work of orchid photographer Tom Kuligowski. Other facets of the orchid exhibit include demonstrations, orchid vendors and other orchid-related activities on weekends.
Regular entry fees & discount opportunities include:
- Purchase tickets online and save $2 on regular adult fees and $1 for kids
- Free entry for mothers May 8 accompanying another person paying full price
- Regular fees are $21.95 for guests age 12 and older, $15.95 for age 3-11, and free for age 2 and younger as well as garden members
- $17.56 for seniors age 65 and older, veterans, military, college students with ID, AAA members and AARP members
- Parking is free
Flamingo Gardens features a variety of wildlife habitats, narrated tram tours and botanical gardens.
For information, dial 954-473-2955 or click here.
Florida gardens: Free resources to spruce up your yard
Plenty of useful free information is readily available for residents who want tips on selecting the perfect plants for their yards. Some information is online. Or landscaping experts are available via phone and email. Take a look at our roundup of Florida gardening resources by clicking here.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or visit our Facebook group page.
Orchids in Bloom Festival in Miami The event, from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. March 12-13, includes an orchid show, vendors, presentations, an orchid activity for kids and more at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, 10901 Old Cutler Road, Miami. Entry fees: $24.95 for adults; $17.95 for seniors; $15.95 for students; $11.95 for guests age 6-17; and free for age 5 and younger and for garden members.
Exotic Plant Festival & Bonsai Show in Davie Show is set for March 19-20, at Flamingo Gardens, 3750 S. Flamingo Road, Davie. Regular entry fees apply: $21.95 for adults; $15.95 for age 3-11; free for members and children age 2 and younger. Free parking. Information: click here or call 954-473-2955.
GardenFest in Coral Springs Included within an arts festival, GardenFest is set for 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. March 19-20 and usually features a wide variety of exotic and native plants, produce from farmers, and professionals available to answer landscaping questions. Entry is free. Venue: The Walk of Coral Springs, 2700-2788 N. University Drive. Information is online.
- Things to do with kids this summer (free, low-cost & deals)
- Free Fun Day in Tamarac is rescheduled
- Dolphin Mall offers ‘Bubble Fest’ and Artisan Show
- Free concert by the New World Symphony students and mentors
- ‘Brévo for Broadway’ offers exclusive discount for show
- Secret Woods in Dania offers free entry, free parking & nature walks
- Free & cheap things to do this week in South Florida
- Doral Yard features entertainment & events
- 2-for-1 discounts & other LauderDEALS for fun & recreation
- July Fourth fireworks, parades & fun in South Florida