Even if your fluffy friends usually accompany you when you’re out and about, leave them at home on the Fourth of July. Most animals really don’t like fireworks, even at parties and picnics.
That tip is from the Humane Society of the United States, which offers FREE pet safety information on various topics.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page.
Below are other July 4th tips for pets.
- Keep pets indoors in a safe, familiar quiet area. Turn on a television or radio at normal volume. The fireworks may prompt destructive behavior. Remove items that are potentially harmful if chewed.
- Don’t leave pets in vehicles. Partly opened windows don’t provide sufficient air, and are an opportunity for a pet to be stolen.
- Don’t allow pets to be unattended outdoors, even if they are usually OK in a fenced or confined area. The fireworks may provoke attempts to escape or other potentially dangerous behaviors.
- Be sure pets are wearing ID tags.
July 4th events in Miami
When the Fourth of July rolls around this year, what will you be more excited about: the fireworks displays or the holiday picnics?
Look to us as your guide to what’s going on around Miami-Dade County. Check out our roundup of events by clicking here – and keep checking back as we’re constantly updating with new events!
Scared pet on Fourth of July? Here are some tips
That tip is from the Humane Society of the United States, which offers FREE pet safety information on various topics. Get more information by clicking here.
Other pet news
Hurricane prep for pets: Have your supplies?
Free spay/neuter services for Miami-Dade pets
Publix: Get your pet medications at the pharmacy
Free pet vaccines & more for Miami-Dade residents affected by pandemic
More Useful Resources
- Free homework help from local libraries
- Water parks and pools in Palm Beach
- Libraries in Palm Beach ‘seed’ knowledge
- Free tax preparation and filing support in Miami
- Free food distributions & resources
- Resource Depot in West Palm offers new & upcycled items at discount prices
- Postponed Event — Event offers information on free workforce education in Fort Lauderdale
- Broward Sheriff’s Office offers free shredding & prescription disposal
- Florida landscaping: Free resources to enhance your yard
- Indoor plants: Tips for radishes, lettuce & other edibles from Davie extension office