Next time you visit a Miami-Dade County park, keep your eyes peeled for the Bookmobile and Technobus.
That’s right, Miami-Dade Public Library System is bringing books and technology to you!
The program – which is a partnership between Miami-Dade County Parks and Miami-Dade County Library System – aims to make reading, technology and digital media accessible to all, especially those who may be having a tough time making it to the library.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page.
For library card-holders, the Bookmobile provides access to borrowing books, DVDs, music and audiobooks.
Not a card-holder? Apply for an eCard online at ecard.mdpls.org or any library location.
All COVID-19 guidelines are being observed, and they require all Miami-Dade Parks staff and visitors to wear facial coverings and practice social distancing.
According to a news release: “The initiative was launched in November in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, to help ensure our community stays connected and that residents can access lifelong learning and recreational experiences that improve neighborhood livability. The idea is to get people out to the park to relax with nature and the added enjoyment of a good book to read.”
Check whether the Bookmobile or Technobus is coming to a location near you by clicking right here!
More Useful Resources
- Florida offers tax-free shopping events
- Florida landscaping: Free resources to enhance your yard
- Free food distributions & resources
- Free meals for students through Summer BreakSpot
- Ride for free with Freebee in Aventura
- Free online homework help from local libraries
- South Florida farms offer fresh produce
- Free Publix prescriptions program to end soon
- COVID tests: How to get another 4 free rapid kits sent to your home
- How to avoid holiday scams & fraud