Next time you visit a Miami-Dade County park, keep your eyes peeled for the Bookmobile and Technobus.
That’s right, Miami-Dade Public Library System is bringing books and technology to you!
The program – which is a partnership between Miami-Dade County Parks and Miami-Dade County Library System – aims to make reading, technology and digital media accessible to all, especially those who may be having a tough time making it to the library.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page.
For library card-holders, the Bookmobile provides access to borrowing books, DVDs, music and audiobooks.
Not a card-holder? Apply for an eCard online at ecard.mdpls.org or any library location.
All COVID-19 guidelines are being observed, and they require all Miami-Dade Parks staff and visitors to wear facial coverings and practice social distancing.
According to a news release: “The initiative was launched in November in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, to help ensure our community stays connected and that residents can access lifelong learning and recreational experiences that improve neighborhood livability. The idea is to get people out to the park to relax with nature and the added enjoyment of a good book to read.”
Check whether the Bookmobile or Technobus is coming to a location near you by clicking right here!
More Useful Resources
- School’s out! Here are special offers for teachers
- Where to get a COVID vaccine in Miami-Dade
- Veggies & herbs you can grow inside in summer
- Hurricane preparedness: How to build an emergency kit
- Hurricane prep for pets: Have your supplies?
- Prime Day 2021 is almost here: Here’s how to score great deals
- Free spay/neuter services for Miami-Dade pets
- Miami-Dade transit fares resume (but there are discounts)
- Free Miami-Dade hurricane app provides up-to-the-minute info, tips
- Hurricane season: How to prepare (without spending too much)