The SoundScape Cinema Series screens free films on the 7,000-square-foot outdoor projection wall at the New World Center’s ExoStage, corner of 17th Street and Washington Avenue, Miami Beach. Movies usually are at 8 p.m. on Wednesdays but there are also some films on Thursday.
Film schedule for 2015:
Thursday, Feb. 26: WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE (1962) Directed by Robert Aldrich; with Bette Davis, Joan Crawford, Victor Buono
- Wednesday, March 4: GHOSTBUSTERS (1984) Directed by Ivan Reitman; with Bill Murray, Dan Ackroyd, Harold Ramis, Sigourney Weaver, Rick Moranis, Ernie Hudson
- Thursday, March 5: GIANT (1956) Directed by George Stevens; with Elizabeth Taylor, Rock Hudson, James Dean, Carroll Baker, Dennis Hopper, Sal Mineo
- Wednesday, March 11: THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY (2012) Directed by Peter Jackson; with Ian McKellen, Martin Freeman, Richard Armitage
- Thursday, March 12: TRANSPORTER 2 (2005) Directed by Louis Leterrier; with Jason Statham, Amber Valletta, Matthew Modine, Alessandro Gassman, Kate Nauta
- Wednesday , March 18: STRICTLY BALLROOM (1992) Directed by Baz Luhrmann; with Paul Mercurio, Tara Morice, Bill Hunter
- Wednesday, March 25: DESPICABLE ME 2 (2013) Directed by Pierre Coffin, Chris Renaud; with Steve Carell, Kristen Wiig, Benjamin Bratt, Russell Brand
- Wednesday, April 1: THE HUSTLER (1961) Directed by Robert Rossen; with Paul Newman, Jackie Gleason, Piper Laurie, George C. Scott
- Thursday, April 2: Zéro de Conduite (1933). Presented by the French Embassy Cultural Services and Miami Beach Arts in the Parks. In French with English subtitles.
- Wednesday, April 8: THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING (2014) Directed by James Marsh; with Eddie Redmayne, Felicity Jones, Tom Prior
- Thursday, April 9: Jour de Fête (1947). Directed by Jacques Tati. A recently restored and remastered French classic, in French with English subtitles.
- Wednesday, April 15: CAR WASH (1976) Directed by Michael Schultz; with Richard Pryor, Franklyn Ajaye, the Pointer Sisters, George Carlin
- Thursday, April 16: Beauty and the Beast (1946). Directed by Jean Cocteau. A recently restored and remastered French classic, in French with English subtitles.
- Wednesday, April 22: OLIVER! (1968) Directed by Carol Reed; with Mark Lester, Ron Moody, Shani Wallis
- Thursday, April 23: Parapluie de Cherbourg (1963). Directed by Jacques Demy 1963. A recently restored and remastered French classic, in French with English subtitles.
- Wednesday, April 29: ST. VINCENT (2014) Directed by Theodore Melfi; with Bill Murray, Naomi Watts, Melissa McCarthy, Terrance Howard, Chris O’Dowd
- Thursday, April 30: Pepe le Moko (1936). Directed by Julien Duvivier. A recently restored and remastered French classic, in French with English subtitles.
- Wednesday, May 6: FLETCH (1985) Directed by Michael Ritchie; with Chevy Chase, Joe Don Baker, Kenneth Mars, Geena Davis, Dana Wheeler-Nicholson
- Thursday , May 7: MEATBALLS (1979) Directed by Ivan Reitman; with Bill Murray, Harvey Atkin, Kate Lynch
- Wednesday, May 13: THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PART I (2014) Directed by Francis Lawrence; with Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Woody Harrelson
- Thursday, May 14: HUSH HUSH SWEET CHARLOTTE (1964) Directed by Robert Aldrich; with Bette Davis, Olivia de Havilland, Joseph Cotton, Agnes Moorhead, Bruce Dern
- Wednesday, May 20: A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN (1992) Directed by Penny Marshall; with Tom Hanks, Geena Davis, Madonna, Rosie O’Donnell
- Thursday, May 21: ANNIE (2014) Directed by Will Gluck; with Jamie Foxx, Quvenzhane Wallis, Rose Byrne, Bobby Cannavale, Cameron Diaz
- Wednesday, May 27: EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS (2014) Directed by Ridley Scott; with Christian Bale, Aaron Paul, Sigourney Weaver, Ben Kingsley, John Turturro
- Thursday, May 28: UNCLE BUCK (1989) Directed by John Hughes; with John Candy, Macauley Culkin, Jean Louisa Kelly, Gaby Hoffmann, Amy Madigan.