The SoundScape Cinema Series screens free films on the 7,000-square-foot outdoor projection wall at the New World Center’s ExoStage, corner of 17th Street and Washington Avenue, Miami Beach. Movies usually are at 8 p.m. on Wednesdays but there are also some films on Thursdays.
The new season begins Oct. 2, 2013 and will continue through May 28, with a break for the winter holidays.
- Dec 18: XANADU (1980) Directed by Robert Greenwald; starring Olivia Newton-John and Gene Kelly.
There will be no films Dec. 25 or Jan. 1, but the free outdoor movies will resume Jan. 8, 2014.
- Jan. 8: CLEOPATRA (1963). Directed by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, with Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton.
- Jan. 15: NOW YOU SEE ME (2013). Directed by Louis Leterrier, with Jesse Eisenberg and Mark Ruffalo.
- Jan. 16 (Thursday): PHILADELPHIA (1993). Directed by Jonathan Demme, with Tom Hanks and Denzel Washington.
- Jan. 22: GREASE 2 (1982), Directed by Patricia Birch, with Michelle Pfeiffer and Maxwell Caulfield.
- Jan. 23 (Thursday): NINE TO FIVE (1980) Directed by Colin Higgins, with Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin and Dolly Parton.
- Jan. 29: TO CATCH A THIEF (1955), Directed by Alfred Hitchcock, 2ith Cary Grant and Grace Kelly.
- Feb. 5: LORD OF THE RINGS: THE TWO TOWERS (2002). Directed byPeter Jackson, with Elijah Wood and Ian McKellan.
- Feb. 12: LINCOLN (2012). Directed by Steven Spielberg, with Daniel Day-Lewis and Sally Field.
- Feb. 13 (Thursday): MARY POPPINS (1964). Directed by Robert Stevenson, with Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke.
- Feb. 19: MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING (2012). Directed by Joss Whedon, with Amy Acker and Alexis Denisof.
- Feb. 26: HELLBOY (2004). Directed by Guillermo del Toro, with Ron Perlman and Selma Blair.
- March 5: PACIFIC RIM (2013). Directed by Guillermo del Toro, with Idris Elba and Charlie Hunnam.
- March 6 (Thursday): LAWRENCE OF ARABIA (1962). Directed by David Lean, with Peter O’Toole, Alec Guinness and Anthony Quinn.
- March 12: GYPSY (1962). Directed by Mervyn LeRoy, with Rosalind Russell and Natalie Wood.
- March 13 (Thursday): O BROTHER WHERE ART THOU (2000). Directed by Joel and Ethan Coen, with George Clooney and John Turturro.
- March 19: LEE DANIELS’ THE BUTLER (2013). Directed by Lee Daniels, with Forest Whitaker and Oprah Winfrey.
- March 26: DESPICABLE ME (2010). Directed by Pierre Coffin and Chris Renaud, with Steve Carell and Jason Segal.
- April 2: BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY’S (1961). Directed by Blake Edwards, with Audrey Hepburn and George Peppard.
- April 9: STRANGERS ON A TRAIN (1951). Directed by Alfred Hitchcock, with Farley Granger and Robert Walker.
- April 16: GRAVITY (2013), Directed by Alfonso Cuaron, with Sandra Bullock and George Clooney.
- April 17 (Thursday): French Film Night
- April 23: TOMORROW NEVER DIES (1997). Directed by Roger Spottiswoode, with Pierce Brosnan and Jonathan Pryce.
- April 24 (Thursday): French Film Night.
- April 30: ANNIE (1982), singalong version. Directed by John Huston, with Aileen Quinn, Albert Finney and Carol Burnett.
- May 7: THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE (2013). Directed byFrancis Lawrence, with Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson.
- May 8 (Thursday): French Film Night.
- May 14: THOR: THE DARK WORLD (2013). Directed by Alan Taylor and James Gunn, with Chris Hemsworth and Natalie Portman.
- May 15 (Thursday): French Film Night.
- May 21: IRON MAN 3 (2013). Directed by Shane Black, with Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow.
- May 28: WORLD WAR Z (2013). Directed by Marc Forster with Brad Pitt.