Billed by CNN as “Miami’s only Literary Hotel” the Betsy Hotel at 1440 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach in the heart of South Beach boasts plenty of art exhibitions and also a free weekly live music series on Wednesday and Thursday night from 8-11 p.m.
Top performers in classic jazz, bossa nova and improvisation grace the stage twice weekly.
The December schedule is follows:
- Thursday, Dec. 4: Markus Gottschlich (jazz pianist)
- Wednesday, Dec. 10: Brooklyn Duo (cello and piano)
- Thursday, Dec. 11: Nick Tannura Duo (jazz)
- Wednesday, Dec. 17: Nestor Zurita Duo (jazz)
- Thursday, Dec. 18: TBD
- Wednesday, Dec. 24 and Thursday, Dec. 25: Tom Lippincott (jazz guitarist)
- Saturday, Dec. 27 and Sunday, Dec. 28: Markus Gottschlich (jazz pianist) brunch performance from noon to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 31: Adrenaline Jazz Trio with Lenard Rutledge (jazz)
All performances are free, with no cover or drink minimum. Call 305-531-6100 for more info.