Looks like Santa’s Parade of the Elves in South Miami is returning this year!
Presented annually by the South Miami Parks & Recreation Department, this popular and festive event has been scheduled for Sunday, Dec. 5. 2021.
Once picked as “Best Small-Town Parade” by the Miami New Times, the event along Sunset Drive has become a South Miami tradition that keeps growing each year. (Of course, last year’s edition was canceled.)
Starting at 2 p.m., you’ll find the streets flooded with floats, horses, Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts, dancers, horses, marching bands and more. And let’s not forget Santa and Mrs. Claus!
Want your little elves to participate in the holiday fun? Organizers say elves are wanted: “Searching for cute little elves to lead the parade as we welcome Santa to town.”
Guess who the grand marshall will be? Beloved South Florida personality Ron Magill! Zoo Miami’s Goodwill Ambassador and communications director is known for his dedication to animals. He regularly appears on television educating the public on different topics.
For more information on Santa’s Parade of Elves, call 305-668-3873, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or click here.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagra
m, or visit our Facebook group page.
Miami 2021 events: A month-by-month guide
Yes, many plans changed in 2020 … with vacations and shows and festivals canceled throughout Miami, South Florida and the world. However, the New Year brought with it hope of brighter and better times ahead. Car shows, art festivals and more have been scheduled for 2021.
We’ve compiled a month-by-month roundup of events in our area. Keep in mind that some events may be virtual. Others may follow strict safety protocols. You’ll want to get all the details and decide which options are best for you and your family. Click here for a handy guide!
- Free and cheap things to do this week in South Florida
- Free Rock-n-Fall Festival in Royal Palm includes fun for all
- Free Moss Center concert featuring Pablo Cruise and the Pure Prairie League
- FAU’s ‘Red Riding Hood’ in Boca Raton offers ticket deal and free workshops
- Miami Children’s Museum offers free Sensory Saturdays
- Flavors of Tamarac restaurant promotion includes prizes and other perks
- Student discounts to the arts, shows and museums in Miami
- Miccosukee Indian Village reopens with gators, airboats and crafts
- Kids under 14 get into select Miami Marlins baseball for only $1
- Farmers markets & vendor fairs feature food, vintage wares & handmade goods
South Miami Downtown