Bring the entire family to Miami-Dade College’s Koubek Center on March 7, April 18 and May 16 from 2-5 p.m. for the three-month Storybook Picnic Series. The cultural event, co-hosted by MDC and Cuatrogatos Foundation, showcases the cultural traditions of our city through entertainment and books. Admission is free but RSVP is required.
Each month will feature a diverse selection of children’s programming with performances by…
- Artefactus Cultural Project and Leonardo Van Schermbeek
- Music by Michael Gil and Rita Rosa Ruesga
- Storytelling by Marilyn Romero and Geraldine Townson known as Cuenteros
- Acting by Nitsy Grau and Leopoldo Morales known as Troop of Actors
- Improvised plays by Creative Stage Productions
- Percussion classes with South Florida Center for Percussive Arts
As a twist on the traditional picnic, tablecloths and baskets will be placed throughout the venue but the baskets will be filled with books.
More free and cheap things to do with kids this week: