Food, rhythms and art representing Hispanic Heritage are featured at free events at Las Olas Oceanside Park in Fort Lauderdale.
Entertainment and entry are free. Food and other items from participating vendors are offered for purchase.
Las Olas Oceanside Park is at 3000 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale 33316. Parking fees apply for beach parking including Las Olas Beach Parking Garage, 200 Las Olas Circle, with a PayByPhone payment option using the PayByPhone APP. Parking fees usually are $4 an hour.
Hispanic Heritage events in 2023 include:
- 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. September 17 Flavio Sousa & Flamenco Dancer
- 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. September 24 Greg Diamond jazz
- 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. October 1 Sabor Latino Jazz Band
- 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. October 8 Sugar Music Trio from Venezuela
- 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. October 15 Mister Conjunto Band
Free movie and Mexican fiesta
5 to 10 p.m. Friday, September 29
The event will include a free screening of the Disney Pixar family-friendly film “Coco,” plus a Mexican fiesta with food, crafts and a chance to dance to to the music of the Mariachi Mexicano Trio.
The market and food court will be open from 5 to 10 p.m. Tacos, quesadillas, empanadas, paella and virgin frozen drinks will be available for purchase.
The movie will begin at 7:15 p.m. and last 80 minutes.
Lawn chairs, picnics, blankets and well-behaved dogs on leashes are welcome. Alcohol is forbidden. Children under 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
The MKT featuring artisan vendors, food vendors and entertainment
9 a.m. to 4 p.m. September 30: The MKT featuring Hispanic vendors, plus entertainment and demonstrations
- 9:30 to 11 a.m. Flamenco dance performance and workshop
- 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. SonQba Band
- 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Food demonstration with Saucy Lips co-founder, Natalia Dalton Salazar, in partnership with Royal Prestige Cookware
- 1:30 to3 p.m. Caseroloops from Venezuela
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. October 1 The MKT at Las Olas Oceanside Park
- 10 a.m. Socaton fitness
- 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. Cooking demonstration with Fusion Healthy315 chef-owner, Yeni Ramos, in partnership with Royal Prestige Cookware
- 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. Sabor Latino Jazz Band
- 1:15 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. Loteria Mexican Bingo for prizes
Food vendors at Hispanic Heritage events at Las Olas Oceanside Park. Photo/Las Olas Oceanside Park