If you’re seeking employment, local organizations and libraries in South Florida offer valuable information, including free workshops and occasional recruiting fairs.
Lots of resources are easily accessible online. Occasional hiring fairs are online & in person.
- Broward County government hiring fairs, information is online.
- Others in South Florida
Online employment workshops & information include
- Broward Library employment resources include video
- Brainfuse offers information for writing resumes, links to resume templates, and a professional resume critique, use your library number for Brainfuse website
CareerSource Broward offers
- Job Placement Assistance
- Professional Workshops
- Career Training and Financial Assistance
- Recruitment Events
- download — Tips for Employment Seekers
- Employment workshops include phone interviews, video interviewing, preparing resumes and others. Topics on personal finances also are offered.
Virtual workshops are offered on week days via on Zoom, including
- Telephone interviewing
- Video interviewing
- TORQ – Transferable Occupation Readiness Quotient
- financial management, example Ditch Debt Retire Richer
- Virtual hiring fairs and recruitment events offered occasionally
Information is on CareerSource Broward website or 954- 969-3541, 954-677-5555, 954-967-1010
Other employment resources
- Free food distributions & resources
- Resource Depot in West Palm offers new, used & upcycled items at discount prices
- Free resources to enhance your South Florida yard
- Water parks and pools in Palm Beach
- Free homework help from local libraries
- Indoor gardening: Tips for growing edible plants
- Libraries in Palm Beach ‘seed’ knowledge
- Discount vouchers for swimming lessons in Broward
- Postponed Event — Event offers information on free workforce education in Fort Lauderdale
- Broward Sheriff’s Office offers free shredding & prescription disposal