The City of Doral is known mostly for its South American residents but on Saturday, Feb. 29 they'll pay homage to people of Dominican heritage with their first Dominican Festival in Doral, happening at Downtown Doral Park from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Held as a celebration Dominican Independence Day, the event will showcase the Dominican culture, celebrating all it has to offer along with the wide myriad of cultures that makeup the Doral community.
Festival highlights include…
- Dominican culinary sensation and award winner Chef Danny who along with other participating chefs will conduct demos and prepare recipes for sampling throughout the day.
- A folkloric presentation showcasing typical Dominican dances
- Live music by Ramon Orlando y su Orquesta, Alejandro Vargas, Agapito Pascual and DJ Unique
- Florida Marlins player Sandy Alcantara will be signing autographs
- An arts & crafts exhibition featuring work by Dominican as well as international artists
- A selection of games to play including dominoes, bingo and board games
- Kids' entertainment