The Norton Museum of Art will be celebrating diverse cultures for Hispanic Heritage Month from noon to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 14. Rain or shine.
Featured activities include art, music, dance, workshops and more. This is a free program and the public is invited to “Nuestra Cultura Community Day.”
Traditions explored will be represented from across South America, Central America, Mexico, and the Caribbean. Pre-registration is. required for admittance.
Live music will be presented by the group Mariachi de mi Tierra, plus the restaurant will be offering traditional snacks, including coffee, pastelitos, empanadas, tamales, Latin American beer, and specialty cocktails for sale.
Highlights include the following:
- MUSIC AND DANCE: Enjoy Flamenco, Mariachi, and music of the Andes and Latin America.
- LOTERÍA: Play this classic Mexican game of chance, similar to bingo, for the opportunity to win a prize.
- ART ACTIVITIES: Learn how to weave an Ojo de Dios; create a Peruvian Cat Bag based on traditional Inca Design.
- SPANISH-LANGUAGE TOURS: Learn about art in the Collection during Spanish-language tours at 12 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. and during spotlight tours throughout the afternoon.
- VENDORS & RESOURCES: Friends of El Sol, JPMorgan Chase & Co., and the Palm Beach County Library.
For more details and scheduled programs, visit norton.org/events.
Also see: Art After Dark: Cortadito at The Norton, for Hispanic Heritage Month on Friday, Oct. 13
The Norton is at 1450 S. Dixie Highway, West Palm Beach, FL 33401.
Hispanic Heritage Month events by day
Here is our day-by-day calendar of Hispanic Heritage Month events in South Florida: