Participating Broward parks are accepting natural holiday trees for recycling.
Residents may drop off trees for free — up to 2 per vehicle — with all trimmings and decorations removed. Only natural trees are accepted & recycled.
Recycled trees are shredded. Mulch is used as landscaping material at parks.
The program runs to January 18, and usual park entry fees weekends are holidays are waived for residents hauling trees for recycling.
Examples of participating Broward parks include
- Easterlin Park, 1000 N.W. 38th St., Oakland Park 33309; 954-357-5190
- Fern Forest Nature Center, 201 Lyons Road South, Coconut Creek 33063; 954-357-5198
- Markham Park, 16001 W. State Road 84, Sunrise 33326; 954-357-8868
- Snake Warrior's Island Natural Area, 3600 S.W. 62nd Ave., Miramar 33023; 954-357-8776
- Tradewinds Park & Stables, 3600 W. Sample Road, Coconut Creek 33073; 954-357-8870
- Tree Tops Park, 3900 S.W. 100th Ave., Davie 33328; 954-357-5130
- T.Y. (Topeekeegee Yugnee) Park, 3300 N. Park Road, Hollywood 33021; 954-357-8811
- Vista View Park, 4001 S.W. 142nd Ave., Davie 33330; 954-357-8898
- West Lake Park, 1200 Sheridan St., Hollywood 33019; 954-357-5161
. Information and others are featured online
Read Other Articles