We’re all living and working by Zoom calls nowadays, so why not make the wallpaper/background something beautiful and fun?
Vizcaya Museum & Gardens is answering the call with a variety of Zoom backgrounds available to the public for free.
Just about every room in the Mediterranean-style attraction, a true crown jewel in Miami, is available as a Zoom background. Imagine having any one of these splashed behind you…
- The iconic stone barge on a clear day and at sunrise
- The enclosed loggia, interior and exterior at night
- The music room
- The garden mound from several vantage points
- The spiral staircase
- The reflecting pools
- The swimming pool grotto
- Aerial view of the gardens
- Fireplace in the living room
Looking for a different background? Imagine yourself walking around our beautiful Miami Beach with backdrops of Ocean Drive, Lummus Park or the North Beach Bandshell.
The Miami Design Preservation League presents these free Virtual Background Images – Miami Beach edition.
To see your choices, click here.
For instructions on how to use the virtual backgrounds on Zoom, click here.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
If you’re more of a sports nut, visit the Miami Heat’s Facebook page to see the virtual backgrounds that are available.
Choose from the Miami Vice-inspired logo on the AmericanAirlines Arena floor; the original Miami Heat logo as a step-and-repeat; an exterior view of the arena from the Biscayne Bay side; the players huddled on the floor before a game; and the hanging banners and trophies from the Heat’s three championship years.
For more information (or other cool Heat stuff), click here.
The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau can make your Zoom call as Miami as possible. Choose from the Brickell skyline during the day and at night, the 1111 Parking Garage on Lincoln Road, colorful images of Little Havana and Little Haiti, Fly’s Eye Dome in the Miami Design District and nature shots from Everglades National Park. See their Zoom background library here.
More Virtual Entertainment
- Tap! Tap!: Virtual Haití Book Festival kicks off May 30
- Drive-ins: Go out and enjoy movies, live music
- Hard Rock Stadium turning into drive-in!
- Dezerland Park invites you to new drive-in theater
- Virtual 5K Run: Sign up to join WE RUN MIAMI!
- Scooby fans, watch the latest flick & grab a Fandango party pack
- Get cultured: Visit museums, galleries and attractions, experience theater online
- Miami’s Technique Records now offering curbside pickup
- Vizcaya gardens has reopened to the public
- Life is a Cabaret! at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center virtual sessions