We’re all living and working by Zoom calls nowadays, so why not make the wallpaper/background something beautiful and fun?
Vizcaya Museum & Gardens is answering the call with a variety of Zoom backgrounds available to the public for free.
Just about every room in the Mediterranean-style attraction, a true crown jewel in Miami, is available as a Zoom background. Imagine having any one of these splashed behind you…
- The iconic stone barge on a clear day and at sunrise
- The enclosed loggia, interior and exterior at night
- The music room
- The garden mound from several vantage points
- The spiral staircase
- The reflecting pools
- The swimming pool grotto
- Aerial view of the gardens
- Fireplace in the living room
Looking for a different background? Imagine yourself walking around our beautiful Miami Beach with backdrops of Ocean Drive, Lummus Park or the North Beach Bandshell.
The Miami Design Preservation League presents these free Virtual Background Images – Miami Beach edition.
To see your choices, click here.
For instructions on how to use the virtual backgrounds on Zoom, click here.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
If you’re more of a sports nut, visit the Miami Heat’s Facebook page to see the virtual backgrounds that are available.
Choose from the Miami Vice-inspired logo on the AmericanAirlines Arena floor; the original Miami Heat logo as a step-and-repeat; an exterior view of the arena from the Biscayne Bay side; the players huddled on the floor before a game; and the hanging banners and trophies from the Heat’s three championship years.
For more information (or other cool Heat stuff), click here.
The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau can make your Zoom call as Miami as possible. Choose from the Brickell skyline during the day and at night, the 1111 Parking Garage on Lincoln Road, colorful images of Little Havana and Little Haiti, Fly’s Eye Dome in the Miami Design District and nature shots from Everglades National Park. See their Zoom background library here.
More Virtual Entertainment
- Fair Food Drive-Thru is back with new offerings!
- Discount in August! Fairchild offers half-off admission all month long
- Open or closed? Check status in Miami-Dade
- Free Heat Road Rally watch party & more at Dezerland Park
- $5 drive-in movies at Doral’s Central Park
- Free & cheap things to do this weekend in Miami Updated
- Art Deco Walking Tours guide you through Miami Beach
- Drive-ins: Enjoy entertainment from your car (or boat)! UPDATED
- Miami-Dade libraries’ Summer Reading Challenge not just for kids!
- Virtual Friday Nights @ Frost extended through August