We all know that Oktoberfest (or Octoberfest) is a celebration of Bavarian culture and traditions that not only features traditional food, music, and dance, but also large quantities of beer.
So, yes, there will be barmaids in colorful traditional Bavarian costumes serving frothy steins of brew. Yes, there will German folk music with brass instruments and accordions. Yes, there will be fun and games and carnival activities for kids.
- Friday 6 p.m., Saturday 2 p.m., Sunday noon, Oct. 13-15
- Friday 6 p.m., Saturday 2 p.m., Sunday noon, Oct. 20-22
Cost: $15, get tickets online.
- Various bands will be performing, along with pipe and drums, etc.
- A variety of foods include schnitzel, bratwurst, pickled herring, goulash, strudel, pretzels and more.
- Select German beer, wine and schnapps.
Prices vary and no cash will be accepted.
And if you have never been to an Oktoberfest, watch this YouTube video to see what’s in store:
Also see: Other Upcoming Festivals
Here’s a day-by-day calendar of free or cheap entertainment in Palm Beach County:
Thursday, September 28, 2023
Saturday, September 30, 2023