If you’re in the military, you and your family can get free admission to museums across the country from Memorial Day (May 30) to Labor Day (Sept. 5) in 2016 through the Blue Star Museums program.
The program is organized by the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families and the Department of Defense, plus more than 2,000 museums. You can read the rules and find participating museums here.
These are the museums with free admission for the military and their families through the Blue Star Museums program in South Florida in 2015.
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, Coral Gables
- Lowe Art Museum, University of Miami, Coral Gables
- Museum of the Americas, Doral
- HistoryMiami, Miami
- Perez Art Museum Miami
- The Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, Miami
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, Miami
- The Wolfsonian–FIU, Miami Beach
- The Ancient Spanish Monastery, North Miami Beach
- Deering Estate at Cutler, Miami.
Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU, Miami Beach
- Coral Springs Museum of Art, Coral Springs
- Historic Stranahan House Museum, Fort Lauderdale
- NSU Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale, Fort Lauderdale
- Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse & Museum, Jupiter
- Norton Museum of Art, West Palm Beach
- Schoolhouse Children’s Museum & Learning Center, Boynton Beach
- South Florida Science Center and Aquarium, West Palm Beach
- Boca Raton Historical Society & Museum, Boca Raton
Boca Raton Museum of Art, Boca Raton
- Fort East Martello, Key West
Key West Art & Historical Society, Key West
Key West Lighthouse, Key West
Museums free for military, families this summer