If you’re in the military, you and your family can get free admission to museums across the country from Memorial Day (May 26) to Labor Day (Sept. 1) in 2014 through the Blue Star Museums program.
The program is organized by the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families and the Department of Defense, plus more than 2,000 museums. You can read the rules and find participating museums here.
There are the museums with free admission for the military and their families through the Blue Star Museums program in South Florida.
- Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, Coral Gables
- Lowe Art Museum, University of Miami, Coral Gables
- Museum of the Americas, Doral
- Frost Art Musuem, Miami
- HistoryMiami, Miami
- Perez Art Museum Miami
- The Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, Miami
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, Miami
- Bass Museum of Art, Miami Beach
- The Wolfsonian–FIU, Miami Beach
- Haitian American Historical Society, North Miami
- Deering Estate at Cutler, Miami.
- Coral Springs Museum of Art, Coral Springs
- Bonnet House Museum & Gardens, Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Historical Society, Fort Lauderdale
- Historic Stranahan House Museum, Fort Lauderdale
- International Swimming Hall of Fame Museum, Fort Lauderdale
- Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale
- Boca Raton History Museum, Boca Raton
- Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse & Museum, Jupiter
- Norton Museum of Art, West Palm Beach
- Schoolhouse Children’s Museum & Learning Center, Boynton Beach
- South Florida Science Center and Aquarium, West Palm Beach
- Key West Tropical Forest and Botanical Gardens, Key West
- Mel Fisher Maritime Museum, Key West
- History of Diving Museum, Islamorada