Miami parks, attractions and other venues are slowly reopening, so you may want to venture out this weekend -following the rules that are in place, of course. Here are our top picks for free and cheap things to do.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND EVENTS
- Watch the U.S. Coast Guard’s “Salute Flight” fly over South Florida hospitals to honor military personnel, health-care professionals and first-responders from noon to 1:30 p.m. May 23 on Facebook.
- Celebrate Memorial Day with unconventional events including a virtual run on your on time and at your own pace, or dance the weekend away with Sirius XM’s Dis-Dance Festival with ongoing sets by world-renowned DJs. Click here for details on these events and more,
GO TO THE DRIVE-IN
- North Miami’s Dezerland Park has converted its outdoor area into a drive-in movie theater, and screenings starting May 22. Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis, and tickets are $30 per car. These tickets are selling out fast! The action-packed classic “Jurassic Park,” where dinosaurs take over a theme park, is already sold out. But you can still score tickets for “Sonic the Hedghodge,” the recent blockbuster about the video-game character.
MORE PARKS TO VISIT
- A select few City of Miami Parks opened this week, with restrictions. Strolling, jogging, biking, rollerblading, singles racquetball and tennis – along with small group gatherings – is allowed. Click here to see which parks are open and the guidelines for visiting.
More Virtual Entertainment
- Memorial Day: Honor America’s fallen heroes through virtual events
- Scooby fans, watch the latest flick and grab a party pack from Fandango
- Miami’s Technique Records now offering curbside pickup
- Vizcaya gardens extends its hours for May 22
- Movies are back! Dezerland Park converts to drive-in theater
- Life is a Cabaret! at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center virtual sessions
- Arsht@Home gives you VIP access
- Get cultured: Visit museums, galleries and attractions, experience theater online
- Miami cinemas keeping you entertained
- Miami-Dade public libraries: New service lets you pick up books outside of branches
Virtual Entertainment Calendar
Sunday, May 24, 2020
Monday, May 25, 2020
Tuesday, May 26, 2020
Wednesday, May 27, 2020
Thursday, May 28, 2020
Friday, May 29, 2020
Saturday, May 30, 2020