TGIF! (Does anyone still say that anymore?)
One thing’s for certain, we all know what it means. The weekend is upon us!
In other words, it’s time to decompress, and we’ve got some great activities for you, including:
- A free visit to a National Park, an offer that’s good only this weekend.
- A trip down south to visit opening weekend of a Harvest Festival.
- A free sunset art tour around the Miami Design District.
And if you need a sweet treat, there’s another Morelia Gourmet Paletas opening, this one on Saturday in Coconut Grove. Make sure to arrive on time before they run out! Click here for details.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
FREE ADMISSION TO NATIONAL PARKS ON SATURDAY
This Saturday is National Public Lands Day.
It’s one of five days throughout the year when all our country’s National Parks are free.
We’ve got a few national parks in South Florida, including Everglades National Park and Dry Tortugas National Park off Key West. Either one is an ideal choice, now that the weather is much less humid. Plus, they each offer totally different experiences.
If you’re a land lover and enjoy admiring birds, lots of alligators and other wildlife, the Everglades are for you. However, if you prefer peering underwater, head to the Dry Tortugas for a snorkeling adventure you’ll never forget.
Additionally, Biscayne National Park is another good option, and it’s always free! Click here for all the details.
FALL INTO THE HARVEST FESTIVAL DOWN SOUTH
The arrival of fall in Miami is never very obvious.
Sure, our weather cools off a bit and we normally have plenty of harvest festivals.
But this is 2020 and fall festivals are tough to come by. Still, we found one and it’s kicking off on Saturday!
That’s the day The Berry Farms (formerly Burr’s Berry Farm) opens its Harvest Festival. There you can walk through a corn maze, pick out a pumpkin from the patch, play cornhole or checkers, and take a tractor ride.
Plus, it’s a large enough property, which makes social distancing easier. Click here for details.
TAKE AN ART STROLL AS THE SUN SETS
The Miami Design District is more than just a shopping destination.
Have you taken a closer look at the surrounding art? You definitely should, as there’s plenty to see.
Why not take in the newly revamped Public Art Tours, which are now offered at sunset every Saturday?
Art ambassador Thom Wheeler Castillo will be there to show you the best of the area’s public art and architecture.
Click here for more details and to reserve your spot.
We also wanted to let you know that all but three of City of Miami parks will be fully open starting Monday, Sept. 28. Click here to read about the more relaxed rules and regulations. You might want to carve out some time for a fitness class since they’re offering those again!
- Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show: Free entry for South Florida frontline workers
- Deering’s ‘Evening by the Bay’ extended: 2 dates added
- Visit open attractions around Miami
- Free and cheap Halloween events in Miami
- What’s open in Miami? Check status here
- Miami’s city parks to fully reopen
- Berry Farms Harvest Festival has pumpkin patch, corn maze & more!
- Art aficionados: View live painting sessions at Shops at Merrick Park
- Walking Tours guide you through Miami Beach
- Join family eco adventures at Arch Creek Park