Have you always wanted to visit Miami's historic gem Vizcaya Museum & Gardens?
Vizcaya’s European-inspired gardens are reminiscent of those created in 17th and 18th-century Italy and France with the overall landscape design conceived as a series of rooms.
The main house's central area is the courtyard, which was originally open to the sky. It was designed to take full advantage of its location on Biscayne Bay and that it does, with sweeping and expansive waterfront views.
The north façade features the swimming pool, which emerges from vaulted arches at the lower level of the house while the south façade opens onto the formal gardens with enclosed loggias on the first and second floors.
Admission is usually $25 for adults 13 years and older, kids 6-12 years old $10, children 5 years and under are free but we've found admission discounts for you!
Vizcaya Museum Discounts
Culture Shock Miami: Vizcaya participates in Culture Shock Miami, which offers discounted tickets for participating students age 13-22.
Golden Ticket Program: Miami-Dade seniors 62 and older get one free admission to the garden the first Wednesday of every month with a completed Golden Ticket form.
Free admission to:
- Persons with a disability protected under the ADA and one accompanying caregiver
- United States military veterans and active-duty U.S. military personnel with ID
- Museums for All: SNAP EBT cardholders, including up to three guests
There are several recurring events including:
- Yoga class with Hanu Yoga every Sunday from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., $5 admission
- Thoughtful Thursdays, a six-week series of expressive art therapies with Dr. Patricia Isis every Thursday from Nov. 2 through Dec. 7, 2023. Admission is $10 for adults and $5 for children.
- Vizcaya Late, a mid-week, low-key evening that grants visitors nighttime access while exploring a new theme each month. Second Wednesday of the month at 6 p.m., and admission is $10 for adults and $5 for children. Advance online purchase required.
- Vizcaya Village Farmer's Market is 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Sunday at Vizcaya Village. Admission to the market is free, but doesn't include admission to the house and grounds.
The museum and gardens are at 3251 S. Miami Ave.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily South Florida on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Instagram.
Always free places to visit in South Florida
- Nature walk: Deerfield Arboretum offers free entry
- Manatee Lagoon kicks off the season with free family event in Riviera Beach
- Free ‘Science Weekends,' Sugar Sand Park, Boca Raton
- Free Water Trolley on New River in Fort Lauderdale
- Pondhawk Natural Area is an urban oasis in Boca Raton with free entry
- Free admission at Loggerhead Marinelife Center, Juno Beach
- Free admission to Gumbo Limbo Nature Center, Boca
- Free entry at ArtServe in Fort Lauderdale
- Miami Beach Botanical Garden offers free entry
- Plantation Historical Museum offers free entry & free events