Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden is turning into “Jurassic Garden.”
From May 15 through July 18, you’re invited to experience life-sized dinosaurs surrounded by the 83-acre garden’s cycads, considered “living plants from the Prehistoric World.”
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter and visit our Facebook group page.
To mark the occasion, the Coral Gables attraction is offering another promo code. Right now, you can get $5 off ADULT admission using ROAR2021 or FUN2021 at checkout.
Tickets for the garden, at 10901 Old Cutler Road, typically cost $24.95 for adults, $17.95 for seniors, $15.95 for students, and $11.95 for children age 6-17. To purchase tickets, click here.
Children age 5 and younger – and members – get free admission. Wish to become a member? Click here.
To ensure a contact-less experience, the box office is closed, so you must purchase tickets online.
Other Fairchild Garden discounts
AAA Discount: AAA members get $2 off regular adult admission.
Eco-Discount: Visitors who walk, ride a bike or take public transportation to Fairchild get $5 off the admission price for adults and $2 off the admission price for children.
Military Discount: Active military personnel and veterans get free admission year-round. Fairchild also participates in the Blue Star Museums program, which offers free admission to families of active military personnel from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
First Responders Discount: Active first responders (police and fire-rescue personnel) receive 50 percent off regular admission year-round.
Culture Shock Miami: Fairchild participates in Culture Shock Miami, which offers discounted tickets for participating students age 13-22.
The garden is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily, with special times designated for seniors and individuals who identify as vulnerable.
According to the Fairchild website, all visitors must:
- Wear face coverings at all times, except for children age 2 and younger.
- Acknowledge and comply with health screenings as determined by the CDC indicating that you are not experiencing any symptoms. Guests will not be permitted to visit Fairchild if experiencing any symptoms
- Follow the CDC’s recommendations to stop the spread of germs.
- Reside in the same dwelling if visiting together. No groups permitted.
Other Miami gardens
Miami’s many gardens are an ideal setting for taking a nice, long stroll surrounded by lush, colorful scenery.
Historic spots such as Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, Deering Estate, Vizcaya Museum & Gardens, The Kampong and Pinecrest Gardens are just a few we suggest.
Please keep in mind: Face coverings and social distancing are required practices at all the gardens mentioned below. It is suggested you visit a location’s website before venturing out.
For more information on Miami gardens, click here.
- Free & cheap things to do this weekend in Miami
- Miami’s having a Pastelito Fest – and it’s free!
- Miami International Auto Show happening this fall: Get new dates here!
- Live Nation offering $20 concert tickets
- Veza Sur Brewing Co. offers 2 days of beer and soccer
- A guide to Miami festivals & events in 2021 – UPDATED
- Free movie ticket to see Disney’s ‘Jungle Cruise,’ courtesy of Applebee’s
- Canceled Miami festivals & other events – UPDATED
- Free family day at Coral Gables Museum
- Catch a free flick at the Summer Movies Under the Stars Series!