August is the month to visit Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden, because admission is half off! That means just $12 for adults and $5 for kids.
To keep up with latest news, sign up for the daily Miami on the Cheap newsletter. You can also follow us on Facebook and on Twitter.
Avocado lovers, you’ll enjoy several special events all month long in August including:
- Pop-up avocado markets every Saturday.
- Dog Date at the Garden on Thursdays 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Avocado virtual talks with local experts.
Here is how it will function:
- Daily hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., but visits are limited to three-hour blocks at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Reserve your tickets here.
- Only 300 guests (200 members and 100 nonmembers) will be admitted during those blocks – a rule that will be strictly enforced.
- Senior members are welcome to visit during early hours from 7-10 a.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Additionally, according to the Fairchild website, all visitors must:
- Wear face coverings at all times, except for children age 2 and younger.
- Acknowledge and comply with health screenings as determined by the CDC indicating that you are not experiencing any symptoms. Guests will not be permitted to visit Fairchild if experiencing any symptoms
- Follow the CDC’s recommendations to stop the spread of germs.
- Reside in the same dwelling if visiting together. No groups permitted.
Other beloved Miami attractions Vizcaya Museum & Gardens and Deering Estate (also offering a BOGO admission deal) are open with limitations, and many other attractions are open for virtual visits. See the list of those attractions, venues and museums here.
More Virtual Entertainment
- Fair Food Drive-Thru is back with new offerings!
- Discount in August! Fairchild offers half-off admission all month long
- Open or closed? Check status in Miami-Dade
- Free Heat Road Rally watch party & more at Dezerland Park
- $5 drive-in movies at Doral’s Central Park
- Free & cheap things to do this weekend in Miami Updated
- Art Deco Walking Tours guide you through Miami Beach
- Drive-ins: Enjoy entertainment from your car (or boat)! UPDATED
- Miami-Dade libraries’ Summer Reading Challenge not just for kids!
- Virtual Friday Nights @ Frost extended through August