Whether you’ve been naughty or nice, diners can cross a stress-free holiday meal off their wish list. A number of restaurant chains will be open Christmas Day. So, once the presents are opened, it’s OK to leave the mess for later. Following are some helpful ideas of places to eat. Oh, and we’re fairly certain that most restaurants inside hotels will be open to serve guests and visitors alike but don’t forget call ahead to confirm. Times and availability are subject to change.
Here are some low-cost and moderate-price options. As always, we urge you to call ahead and confirm, as some independently-operated franchises opt to close on Christmas or limit their hours.
- Benihana: There are 10 restaurants that will be open at 11 a.m. in all three counties.
- Denny’s: Christmas is actually the diner chain’s busiest day of the year. Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner all 24-hours of Christmas Day.
- IHOP: Open all day (24-hours restaurants will keep to schedule, hours may vary at other locations).
- Golden Corral: Some locations are open but varies by restaurant. Call ahead to confirm.
- RA Sushi: Serves its limited time seasonal menu on Christmas Day 4-11 pm. There are 10 restaurants in South Florida.
- TGI Fridays: There are 11 locations in South Florida that will open at 11 a.m.
- TooJay’s Deli & Bakery: There are 11 locations in Broward and Palm Beach counties that will be open 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Waffle House: Waffle House is open on Christmas Day, also following their 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week normal schedule.
These have limited openings:
- Boston Market: Some are open so check before you go.
- Dunkin‘: Some are open and others have limited hours.
- McDonald’s: The ones that are corporate-owned are open while franchises may be closed.
- Red Lobster: Limited restaurants open. Click HERE for a complete listing by state.
- Starbucks: Most Starbucks are open on Christmas Day and you can pick up some breakfast, lunch, dinner, and of course coffee. Hours vary by location.
NOTE: Look to your neighborhood ethnic restaurants. Many Asian and Indian spots are open on Christmas for lunch and/or dinner, as are some Jewish delis.
Following is a sample list of moderately priced local eateries:
- Brio Italian restaurants, reservations online
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse, 2660 N. University Drive, Coral Springs; 844-474-8377; 4rsmokehouse.com/HOLIDAY
- Kosher Bagel Cove, 668 W. Hallandale Beach Blvd., Hallandale Beach. Open 7 a.m.-3 p.m. 754-999-8999. kosherbagelcove.com.
- Frank’s Italian Restaurant, opens at 5 p.m. Located at 3960 W. Hallandale Beach Blvd., Pembroke Park, 954-983-2342. Family owned and operated. franksitalianrestaurant.
- Mom’s Kitchen, 1940 NE 45th St., Fort Lauderdale; 954-776-7292; MomsKitchenRestaurant.com
- P.F. Chang’s: With locations in Fort Lauderdale and Sunrise. PFChangs.com.
- Red Lobster: 803 S. University Drive, Plantation; noon-7 p.m. redlobster.com.
- Bagel Cove, 7 a.m.-4 p.m., 19003 Biscayne Blvd., Aventura
- Benihana & Samari: Family meals for two start at $35. Locations in Coral Gables, Miami Beach/North Bay Village, and South Dade.
- La Boulangerie Boul’Mich: Five restaurants open 8 a.m.-4 p.m. in Aventura, Coral Way, Doral, Key Biscayne, Pinecrest.
- Red Lobster: Select locations will be open for dine-in and takeout. Two locations open noon-7 p.m.: North Miami, 13300 Biscayne Blvd.; and Miami, 11550 SW 88th St.
Palm Beach County
- Benihana, 9918 Glades Road, Boca Raton
- La Boulangerie Boul’Mich, Town Center at Boca Raton, 6000 Glades Road, Boca Raton; LaBoulangerieUSA.com.
- P.F. Chang’s: Several locations in Boca Raton, Boynton Beach and Palm Beach Gardens; PFChangs.com.
- Brio Italian restaurants, reservations online
In addition, here are some extra offerings that include Sunday brunch, a holiday buffet, or a football-fan’s delight:
Christmas Day Brunch at Azzurro Italian Restaurant & Bar: 12:30 p.m. Located inside Trump International Beach Resort Miami, 18001 Collins Ave., Sunny Isles Beach. 305-692-5771. Cost: $25-$75.
Christmas Day Buffet at The Ritz-Carlton, Bal Harbour: 11 a.m., where the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway intersect. The Ritz-Carlton, Bal Harbour, 10295 Collins Ave., Bal Harbour. Cost: $50-up.
Three-course Christmas Dinner at The Naked Crab, located in B Ocean Resort, from 6 p.m. at The Naked Crab, inside B Ocean Resort, 1140 Seabreeze Blvd., Fort Lauderdale. 954-564-1000. Reserve online with choice of 6 or 8 p.m.
Watch NFL Football at Hooters: Opens at 11 a.m. Watch the football games (Broncos vs. Rams) with wings, beers, burgers and Hooters Girls. Hooters of Weston, 2282 Weston Road, Weston. 954-990-7047. HootersFlorida.com.
We will be updating this list often, so be sure to check back.
Looking for a more formal dining experience? Check OpenTable. The online restaurant reservations site lists upscale restaurants (the kind that take reservations) open on Christmas Day. You can search by city.
Information from our parent site, Living On The Cheap, was used to supplement this article
More food deals:
- The Cheesecake Factory celebrates 45th anniversary with cheesecake slices for $4.50
- National Taco Day Freebies and Deals 2023
- Taco Bell brings back $10 Taco Lover’s Pass for National Taco Day
- Educators enjoy free coffee at Dunkin’ on World Teachers’ Day
- Never-Ending Pasta Bowl returns to Olive Garden for limited time
- Enjoy free coffee and $2 dozen doughnuts at Krispy Kreme on National Coffee Day
- Football Specials: Game Day Deals in Palm Beach County
- Chuck E. Cheese celebrates Halloween events and giveaways
- Shake Shack offers buy-one-get-one free shake this fall
- Enjoy free fries at McDonald’s every Friday in 2023