Whether you’ve been naughty or nice, diners can cross a stress-free meal off their wish list. A number of restaurant chains will be open Christmas Day. Here are some low-cost and moderate-price options. As always, we urge you to call ahead and confirm, as some independently-operated franchises opt to close on Christmas or limit their hours.
- Denny’s: Christmas is actually the diner chain’s busiest day of the year. Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner all 24-hours of Christmas Day.
- IHOP: Open all day (24-hours restaurants will keep to schedule, hours may vary at other locations).
- Golden Corral: Some locations are open but varies by restaurant. Call ahead to confirm.
- RA Sushi: Serves its limited time seasonal menu on Christmas Day from 4-11 pm. There are 25 restaurants in California, Arizona, Nevada, Texas, Chicago, Baltimore, Atlanta, Kansas and Florida.
- Waffle House: Waffle House is open on Christmas Day, also following their 24 hours a day, 7 days a week normal schedule.
These have limited openings:
- Starbucks.: Most Starbucks are open on Christmas Day and you can pick up some breakfast, lunch, dinner, and of course coffee. Hours vary by location.
- Boston Market: Some are open so check before you go.
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Some are open and others have limited hours.
- McDonald’s: The ones that are corporate-owned are open while franchises may be closed.
- Not in the mood for standard fare such as turkey or ham? Look to your neighborhood ethnic restaurants. Many Chinese and Indian spots are open on Christmas for lunch and/or dinner.
- Looking for a more formal dining experience? Check OpenTable. The online restaurant reservations site lists upscale restaurants (the kind that take reservations) open on Christmas Day. You can search by city.
More food deals: